Daniel Day-Lewis quits acting

Alex

Nicholson never "officially" retired anyway, I think he's always said he'd be open to working again whereas Hackman has literally said the only way he'd act again is if they made a movie at his house.

10 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Wait, I knew that he was method and stayed in character on set, but did he actually act like Lincoln on off days too?

Lol I think that was a filming day and he just left the makeup on. People have said that he's "normal" when not actually on set.

51 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Lincoln was filmed in my neck of the woods (Richmond), so we got to see lots of random pictures of him about town in places like restaurants:

1130-abraham-lincoln-5.jpg

I know that table! I know that table!

Can't wait for the follow-up press release in 5 years where he announces that Paul Thomas Anderson has dragged him out of a retirement with a fresh and convincing role that he couldn't live down.

8 hours ago, Stefancos said:

So he really became Lincoln, right?

I can honestly say that when I watch the film, I fail in trying to remind myself that I'm watching an actor and not the actual Abraham Lincoln.

8 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Lincoln was filmed in my neck of the woods (Richmond), so we got to see lots of random pictures of him about town in places like restaurants:

1130-abraham-lincoln-5.jpg

His level of method acting is astounding since he is wearing jeans which were invented in 1873, the year the film takes place.

3 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Lincoln was shot in 1865...

joke
jōk/
noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
    "she was in a mood to tell jokes"
    synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip; More
verb
  1. 1.
    make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.
    "she could laugh and joke with her colleagues"
    synonyms: tell jokes, crack jokes; More

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

He's obviously in character for a new role.

Heh.  My first thought too.  He announced he's quitting just so nobody will suspect as he readies for his next role as a confused homeless man.