BloodBoal

I'm sure they would have offered a Palpatine: A Star Wars Story prequel to Ingmar Bergman if he were still alive. That would be followed by Qui-Gon Jinn: A Star Wars Story by Akira Kurosawa and Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story by Michael Haneke. And, of course, Jedi Council: A Star Wars Story by Robert Altman.

Karol

10 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

http://www.movie-wave.net/the-liberator/

https://moviemusicuk.us/2014/08/19/the-liberator-gustavo-dudamel/

Top 10 of the year in Filmtracks for 2014 though Clemmy does not have a review up. 

Which only confirms film music needs better reviewers. 

Justin Hurwitz, Austin Wintory would be excellent choices indeed. We need composers like those to start getting the major jobs and truly bring a fresh approach to the blockbuster sound.

Hans Zimmer will not score this movie, despite his longstanding connection to Ron Howard. He has expressed his admiration for Williams in several interviews, and how he is a very different kind of composer. So even if he was asked by his friend, he'd most likely say no.

I really have very little interest in speculating who should be the composer. As long as it's not Giacchino or Desplat, I'm open to almost anyone.

Just now, Sally Spectra said:

Ramin Djawadi can take a break from his Game of Thrones thing.

Djawadi will be scoring Westworld though!

Just now, Sally Spectra said:

Ramin Djawadi can take a break from his Game of Thrones thing.

Let me stop you for a second. Isn't this supposed to be your profile picture?

sally-spectra.jpg

Karol

Don't call me Shirley ever again.

9 hours ago, crocodile said:

I'm sure they would have offered a Palpatine: A Star Wars Story prequel to Ingmar Bergman if he were still alive. That would be followed by Qui-Gon Jinn: A Star Wars Story by Akira Kurosawa and Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story by Michael Haneke. And, of course, Jedi Council: A Star Wars Story by Robert Altman.

Karol

Haneke would make a killer Star Wars film!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 1:12 PM, crocodile said:

Powell would have been an awesome choice for Marvel in-residence composer. He can successfully make it modern and also compelling and melodic.

Karol

But Powell has decided he doesn't want to score movies anymore where the hero solves his problems with violence

I had no interest in Rogue One and his score, I don't know why I should have for the Han Solo movie!

- I am not the fan you are looking for

- He is not the fan we are looking for...Move along... Move along

3 hours ago, Jay said:

But Powell has decided he doesn't want to score movies anymore where the hero solves his problems with violence

At the same time, he enjoyed doing X-Men.

Karol

That was in 2006 before he had the change of heart, which was only a very recent statement (after his wife passed I think?)

It's unclear how much new music he actually contributed for that vs David Buckley re-jiggering his old compositions into new cues

The guy who runs Hans Zimmer's half-official/half-fan webpage uploads composer credits for what he can get accurate info on and has consistently been quite a reliable source regarding who worked on what. On his authority, Powell worked a surprisingly large amount on Jason Bourne (but, as you noted, so did Buckley). Stuff like the first minute or so of Strip Chase is entirely Powell.

• 3 weeks later...