35 members have voted

1. 1. Which score do you prefer?

• Jerry Goldsmith's ALIEN
    • James Horner's ALIENS
  2. 2. Which movie do you prefer?

• Ridley Scott's ALIEN
    • James Cameron's ALIENS

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Strange, because roaming around the internet, almost everyone thinks it could be artistic suicide. (read my signature)

Better than the original BR? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

But I have faith in Villeneuve. He's a smart guy and I'm sure he's aware of the fundamental problems with doing a BR sequel in the first place and I'm sure he knows of the many Internet trolls waiting, even hoping to see this fail. And I can't imagine Villleneuve would have committed to this if he didn't see a way to work around that.

So yes, I have faith in Villeneuve.

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

Alex, a challenge to you: Name some films (sci fi or otherwise) in the last 10 years that you've liked!

Sci-fi, not so much, unless Watchmen is sci-fi. ;)

A few other recent movies that I like are:

Slow West (2015)

The Homesman (2014)

Wild Tales (2014)

Blue Jasmine (2013)

The Visit (2015)

The Invitation (2015)

It Follows (2014)

Amour (2012)

Skyfall (2012)

Jagten (2012)

Prisoners (2013)

9 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Sci-fi, not so much, unless Watchmen is sci-fi. ;)

A few other recent movies that I like are:

Slow West (2015)

The Homesman (2014)

Wild Tales (2014)

Blue Jasmine (2013)

The Visit (2015)

The Invitation (2015)

It Follows (2014)

Amour (2012)

Skyfall (2012)

Jagten (2012)

Prisoners (2013)

I'm afraid that I have had the opportunity to watch just two of the films mentioned... but I liked them, both.

8 hours ago, Thor said:

OK, cheers. I just wanted to see you post something positive about a recent movie.

If we'll go to other threads than the typical Thor threads, you'll see I have much love to give. :)

52 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

If we'll go to other threads than the typical Thor threads, you'll see I have much love to give. :)

That's nice to know. I really only participate in some very few threads here, so this love has probably passed me by.

For the record, I share your enthusiasm for five of those movies (SLOW WEST, THE VISIT, IT FOLLOWS, AMOUR and PRISONERS). I think SKYFALL is decent. I don't care for THE HOMESMAN, BLUE JASMINE and JAGTEN. I haven't seen WILD TALES and THE INVITATION (but both are on my radar, especially the latter).

A shame no sci fi has impressed you, though. There have been some stunning ones in the last 10 years -- both big and small titles.

On 05/07/2017 at 1:52 AM, Brundlefly said:

Yes. Although the second Terminator seems to be more popular, the first one is more original and untypical.

If you think about it, the plot of the first and second movie are almost exactly the same! Only differences are that Arnold played first the bad guy and then the good guy, the villain became more flexible, and they added a kid in T2! 

Otherwise, it's the same movie!

The difference lies in the delivery and that is exactly where T2 excels at. Sadly, T2 also has a bit of sagging in the middle.

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

If you think about it, the plot of the first and second movie are almost exactly the same! Only differences are that Arnold played first the bad guy and then the good guy, the villain became more flexible, and they added a kid in T2! 

Otherwise, it's the same movie!

It's similar with Alien and Aliens. I mean the course of the action.