Williams scoring The Papers VS Ready Player One

crumbs

What outcome would you have preferred?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What outcome would you have preferred?

• John Williams' The Papers & The Last Jedi / Alan Silvestri's' Ready Player One
    • John Williams' Ready Player One & The Last Jedi / Thomas Newman's The Papers
    • John Williams' The Papers & Ready Player One / Michael Giacchino's The Last Jedi

I think it's better for Williams to do Star Wars 8 and 9 and go somewhere really different musically between which is The Papers. Personally and musically I would prefer RPO, but at his age (and hopefully there are tons more scores from him) I'd rather he concentrate his adventure scoring on Star Wars so he has his legacy of 1 through 9. Here's to hoping. And bring on Silvestri into the Star Wars fold on the stand alones.

I am sad at this news, so John Williams really slows down.... I guess it's normal, but I don't like it! Maybe after Star Wars he will only accept "serious" movies, he has perfectly the right to chose, but then again, it makes me a little sad.

8 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

until Indy 5 in 2020

I would not get my hopes up for, first the movie ever being made, and second, Williams scoring it. 

For some reason I hadn't realized until today that The Last Jedi and The Papers will be releasing within days of one another!

The Last Jedi is out December 15 in the U.S., and The Papers is out December 22 here (although only in limited release until January 12 - but presumably the soundtrack will still be out on the 22nd). 

So that is going to be one awesome week! Just as we're finishing up our first few listens of TLJ, we'll get hit with another Williams score to dig into. I have never experienced something like this, having only become a fan several years ago. What a Christmas present.:woop:

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I would not get my hopes up for, first the movie ever being made, and second, Williams scoring it. 

Since Disney owns Indiana Jones now, there will be more films, I assume. 

But, yes, whether Spielberg or Williams is involved is another story.