• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharky

Titanic's 20th Annivesary is this December...

48 posts in this topic

Is the complete score beyond all hope?

The release of the JP 4 disc set in time for Christmas was a smart move on La-La-La's part. I can't help but wonder if LLL or another label might be working on Horner's score as I type. 

I revisited the film last night, and was surprised by how short many of the unreleased cues are (namely the stuff as Jack and Rose scramble through the flooding E deck), which knowing Horner's well-justified preference for longer cues leads me to suspect that a lot more music was recorded, but dialed out in post. In another words a Lost World situation. 

Has a cue list with slate numbers ever surfaced?

bollemanneke likes this

We'll probably get a repackaging of the previously released albums. The box set will be called Back To Back To Titanic or something like that.

As for the cue list, as far as I know, it never surfaced.

How does it work when it comes to re-releases or expansions of soundtracks by composer who are no longer with us? 

bollemanneke likes this

Maddeningly the complete score lies in the hands of that twat of trader known as rarescores. 35 cues and 864 pages. I wonder what secrets that ocean holds.

TheGreyPilgrim likes this

15 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

We'll probably get a repackaging of the previously released albums. The box set will be called Back To Back To Titanic or something like that.

As for the cue list, as far as I know, it never surfaced.

Back to the Backseat of the Car Back on Titanic pop song compilation?

Karol

Sharky likes this

Getting that ticket was the best thing that ever happened to me. It admitted me to a screening of you. And I'm thankful for that, Titanic. I'm thankful.

Sharky and bollemanneke like this

It's been 20 years, and I can still smell the fresh polycarbonate. The CD had never been abused. The sleeve had never been jizzed on. Titanic was called the Score of Dreams, and it was. It *really* was...

Evil-Lyn likes this

If they do release the complete score, I hope it includes the music Horner composed for this trailer:

Pretty awesome! Notice how Bill Paxton says "85 years" rather than 84. They must have thought the film would be delayed into 1998.

Now you know there was a man named James Horner, and that he saved me, in every way a person can be saved.  I don't even have a complete Titanic score of his.  He exists now... only in my memory.

Evil-Lyn, crocodile and Sharky like this

They're probably waiting for the 200th anniversary of the sinking.  See you all then! 

It was the most satisfying conclusion to a trilogy ever.

18058081_10156177737188009_7454872493796370684_n.jpg

Wha about The Lost World? 

Skipper RMS Titanic, this is InGen harbor master. You are approaching iceberg at flank speed. Reduce at once, over.

My problem is that we don't want the sessions to be released. We THINK we do, but it's just going to be bad. What we really should want is a new, high quality, movie-faithful (I mean so it would fit the sync points like the sessions probably do, not recreating the horrible chopped-up edits of the movie) rerecording with a full symphonic orchestra and a big choir instead of the synth horribleness which was used for budget reasons, but that's even more out of reach.

bollemanneke likes this

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It's not a trilogy!

Of course, it is. It's the ice trilogy

Batman = A superhero with a cold heart

Batman Returns = Penguins

Titanic = Iceberg

Bilbo Skywalker likes this

56 minutes ago, Holko said:

My problem is that we don't want the sessions to be released. We THINK we do, but it's just going to be bad. What we really should want is a new, high quality, movie-faithful (I mean so it would fit the sync points like the sessions probably do, not recreating the horrible chopped-up edits of the movie) rerecording with a full symphonic orchestra and a big choir instead of the synth horribleness which was used for budget reasons, but that's even more out of reach.

I do see your point. But that synth horribleness is precisely what made this score so iconic. Titanic being one of the best selling albums ever in any genre is rather hard to ignore (it's probably in top 20 or something).

Karol

Sharky and bollemanneke like this

Didn't the rerecordings found on the Back To Titanic album still feature a synth choir? Seems like Horner was fond of that crap.

The LSO suites had both live choir and synths. So yeah, think it was intentional.

Karol

bollemanneke likes this

21 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Titanic being one of the best selling albums ever in any genre is rather hard to ignore (it's probably in top 20 or something).

It's easy for me to ignore that, just like it's easy for me to ignore the popularity of Drake.

dendrake.jpeg

It's not easy to ignore Drake. Not sure if you even gave it a proper go. ;)

Karol

TITANIC'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY IS THIS DECEMBER.

Not to be unkind to anybody, but...so?

It's CE3K's 40th, this November, and both THE WITCHES IF EASTWICK's, and INNERSPACE's 30th, this Summer. I'll be celebrating their anniversaries, instead.

TITANIC, is a good, and very popular film, but, that's about all.

bollemanneke likes this

It, somehow, suits TITANIC, as much as the female chor suits TESB, or "inside the mothership". Personally, I don't mind it.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Of course, it is. It's the ice trilogy

Batman = A superhero with a cold heart

Batman Returns = Penguins

Titanic = Iceberg

It seems everyone knows about the Ice cinematic universe apart from Steef. 

29 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I don't even know who that guy is.

I don't. Still, he's hard to ignore.

Karol

Its actually, a saga.

Add to that:

HAPPY FEET,

HAPPY FEET2,

BEAR ISLAND,

ICE STATION ZEBRA,

THE THING,

SCOTT OF THE ANTARCTIC, and