Titanic's 20th Annivesary is this December...

Sharkissimo

Is the complete score beyond all hope?

The release of the JP 4 disc set in time for Christmas was a smart move on La-La-La's part. I can't help but wonder if LLL or another label might be working on Horner's score as I type. 

I revisited the film last night, and was surprised by how short many of the unreleased cues are (namely the stuff as Jack and Rose scramble through the flooding E deck), which knowing Horner's well-justified preference for longer cues leads me to suspect that a lot more music was recorded, but dialed out in post. In another words a Lost World situation. 

Has a cue list with slate numbers ever surfaced?

We'll probably get a repackaging of the previously released albums. The box set will be called Back To Back To Titanic or something like that.

As for the cue list, as far as I know, it never surfaced.

15 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

We'll probably get a repackaging of the previously released albums. The box set will be called Back To Back To Titanic or something like that.

As for the cue list, as far as I know, it never surfaced.

Back to the Backseat of the Car Back on Titanic pop song compilation?

Karol

Getting that ticket was the best thing that ever happened to me. It admitted me to a screening of you. And I'm thankful for that, Titanic. I'm thankful.

If they do release the complete score, I hope it includes the music Horner composed for this trailer:

Pretty awesome! Notice how Bill Paxton says "85 years" rather than 84. They must have thought the film would be delayed into 1998.

My problem is that we don't want the sessions to be released. We THINK we do, but it's just going to be bad. What we really should want is a new, high quality, movie-faithful (I mean so it would fit the sync points like the sessions probably do, not recreating the horrible chopped-up edits of the movie) rerecording with a full symphonic orchestra and a big choir instead of the synth horribleness which was used for budget reasons, but that's even more out of reach.

56 minutes ago, Holko said:

My problem is that we don't want the sessions to be released. We THINK we do, but it's just going to be bad. What we really should want is a new, high quality, movie-faithful (I mean so it would fit the sync points like the sessions probably do, not recreating the horrible chopped-up edits of the movie) rerecording with a full symphonic orchestra and a big choir instead of the synth horribleness which was used for budget reasons, but that's even more out of reach.

I do see your point. But that synth horribleness is precisely what made this score so iconic. Titanic being one of the best selling albums ever in any genre is rather hard to ignore (it's probably in top 20 or something).

Karol

21 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Titanic being one of the best selling albums ever in any genre is rather hard to ignore (it's probably in top 20 or something).

It's easy for me to ignore that, just like it's easy for me to ignore the popularity of Drake.

dendrake.jpeg

TITANIC'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY IS THIS DECEMBER.

Not to be unkind to anybody, but...so?

It's CE3K's 40th, this November, and both THE WITCHES IF EASTWICK's, and INNERSPACE's 30th, this Summer. I'll be celebrating their anniversaries, instead.

TITANIC, is a good, and very popular film, but, that's about all.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Of course, it is. It's the ice trilogy

Batman = A superhero with a cold heart

Batman Returns = Penguins

Titanic = Iceberg

It seems everyone knows about the Ice cinematic universe apart from Steef. 

I really hope LLL or another label will have a Black Friday release. In the past, I've read all about how studio executives need to give permission for suhc releases on this forum. Now I'm wondering, what's their reason NOT to cooperate with record labels? If they don't grant them a licence to do a complete score, do the studios actively make money? I mean, what's the advantage for big studios when they refuse specialty labels to work with their material if they don't release the scores themselves?

8 hours ago, Holko said:

Oh please. The synths were all there by design to remind the audience that ship was in its time, to its crew and passengers, state of the art engineering.

6 hours ago, Richard said:

TITANIC, is a good, and very popular film

And an even better score.

16 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I've read all about how studio executives need to give permission for suhc releases on this forum. Now I'm wondering, what's their reason NOT to cooperate with record labels? If they don't grant them a licence to do a complete score, do the studios actively make money? I mean, what's the advantage for big studios when they refuse specialty labels to work with their material if they don't release the scores themselves?

Don't try to figure out the logic that studio executives in cushy jobs use to approve or not approve things, its a hopeless exercise.

On 14/07/2017 at 3:42 PM, Sharky said:

And an even better score.

I wouldn't say that the score is the best part of the film, a I find many this to enjoy, about TITANIC.

The score certainly does compliment the film, and it deserved its Oscar.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:24 AM, Richard said:

I wouldn't say that the score is the bezg part of the film

That's a shame. You're the only one who can tell us what bezg really means.