RIP Martin Landau

Disco Stu

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

Mission impossible, Cosmos 99. A great part of my young years, if not Childhood. Time passes.

Bes, that's SPACE: 1999 :)

I never saw an Oscar© more deservedly won! An aabsolutely phenomenal performance.

RIP, Mr. Landau. You had long arms.

Very sad news :(

I met him in 1987 at a party in Hollywood. A memorable couple of hours during which he told me that his last film was going to be scored by John Williams (as I explained here).

A great man and a superb actor. Thank you Martin.

First Romero now Landau, what the hell.

Everyone's gonna bring up Ed Wood as they should, but lets not forget that one of Landau's earliest roles was as Vandamn's accomplish Leonard in North By Northwest. He was also superb in Crimes & Misdemeanors. Great actor. RIP!

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Bes, that's SPACE: 1999 :)

I never saw an Oscar© more deservedly won! An aabsolutely phenomenal performance.

RIP, Mr. Landau. You had long arms.

In french It was Cosmos 1999, sorry! ;-)

I haven't seen Landau in much, but I've always been a big fan of him when he showed up. North by Northwest and Ed Wood have been mentioned already, but he was also hilarious in The Hallelujah Trail.

33 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

He was good in a role that essentially goes nowhere.

Isn't most of Fight the Future like that? It can snap into or out of the chronology of the show with few repercussions on the rest of the series. To that end, characters introduced in the film die or aren't seen again on the show (or the actor comes back as someone else). 

X-Files did it both ways, really.  They would have fixed recurring characters and then you'd have someone like Terry O'Quinn play three different characters.  Regarding Landau in the movie, it's perfectly self-contained and works fine.  Not sure why someone would think it goes nowhere. 

On 17.7.2017 at 8:36 AM, Ricard said:

Very sad news :(

I met him in 1987 at a party in Hollywood. A memorable couple of hours during which he told me that his last film was going to be scored by John Williams (as I explained here).

A great man and a superb actor. Thank you Martin.

Yes, surely one of the great ones of his generation.

While he never appeared in a feature film scored by Williams, he did appear in a couple of episodes of CHECKMATE.

He was absolutely perfect for his role of a 'man of a million faces' and created an unforgettable character. Nobody could have done it better! RIP :(

cast-hand.jpg