Will a cerebral science fiction Star Wars film ever be made?

To TFA's credit, they did not make a big deal out of Kylo Ren's ancestry, nor did the movie give you any sense that Rey's parentage was a mistery to anyone involved

4 hours ago, JohnSolo said:

The Empire Strikes Back is probably the closest we currently have to a "cerebral" Star Wars film. The image we have of Luke as an innocent, orphaned young man in A New Hope is completely shattered when we learn of the revelation of his parentage. You feel his pain and horror when he is revealed to be the offspring of the most evil being in the galaxy. Say what you will about Hamill's acting in that film, but that one scene still strikes me as one of the most thought-provoking and haunting moments in cinema.

It's deep and tragic. As to that The Empire Strikes Back and The Dark Knight are outstanding.

I used to think that Star Wars could only do and be so much, and perhaps it only can be in terms of films, but the video game Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords had a fantastically cerebral story. if you crave that in the Star Wars universe then I highly recommend you check that out, its all about a conflict between philosophies and really deconstructs the Jedi as the supposed unquestionable good in the universe. it expands on the idea of the Jedi doctrine as hypocritical and damaging far beyond the Prequels could ever hope to, and does it in a compelling way that makes it one of the main themes of the story rather than just a side-note.

I would also speak to how well-developed almost all of the characters are; Chris Avellone from Obsidian truly is a fantastic writer.

Please give us some old Sith Magic!

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « golden age sith »

"Once we were mighty Jedi of the Republic, brothers in the Force. But the Great Schism between the dark side and the light turned Jedi against Jedi. Our ancestors were defeated, driven off… cast out!"
Marka Ragnos