John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

Wow! An absolute stunner. As soon as I saw this news I knew JWFan would be very happy. 

I'm not that familiar with Powell, but I know how highly many here regard him, and I look forward to his take on Star Wars. As I've said many times, I loved Giacchino's Rogue One, but it's still nice to hear different approaches to the concept. It would be a great missed opportunity if we did not. 

Welp... 

Count me in the minority on this one, was wanting MG to score this movie as well.  I was extremely happy with his RO score and wanted to hear more from him and the possibilities of expanding on themes from RO.  Nothing against Powell, I'm just not as familiar with his works.  

Chad

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

How could he have done that? The characters from Rogue One won't appear in the Han Solo film (well, "shouldn't appear" would be more precise, I suppose. Disney may want to throw some cameos into the film for the fans/ to help make everyone understand everything is connected!), meaning there won't be any opportunity to reuse the RO themes.

The only theme from RO that could be reused is the new Imperial Theme. And that's assuming that the empire is involved in the plot of the Han Solo film.

Assuming?  How can SW resist not putting stormtroopers / Galactic Empire in these spin-off movies?  They're fan favorites and are at their height during the time of this movie I would think.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

The only theme from RO that could be reused is the new Imperial Theme. And that's assuming that the empire is involved in the plot of the Han Solo film.

Assuming?  How can SW resist not putting in the Empire / Stormtroopers in these spin-off movies?  I would think the Empire would be at their prime during this time-frame, much like RO.

It's 100 % sure that we'll see some stormtroopers in the Han Solo movie... and Jabba too.

A little quote of the Jabba Theme?

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

Powell is only the third composer to be welcomed into the exclusive family of Star Wars live-action music writers

I prefer music writers of the half-cyborg variety.

This is fantastic news!  Powell will knock it out of the park.  

1 minute ago, publicist said:

Not that i care but i sure hope it's not a movie as lame as 'Rogue One'. May Kasdan's mojo be with him.

RO was awesome. It had X-Wings, Death Star and Darth Vader killing people. ;)

Karol