John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

4 minutes ago, Sharky said:

I've seen this happen in other people's posts

And now it's happening in mine

Our only consolation is to laugh about people who feel so very lonely that their only desire is to die

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Our only consolation is to laugh about people who feel so very lonely that their only desire is to die

Life is very looooooooong, when you're loooooonelyyyyyyy

Oops, wrong song.

I'm Mozzed out.

Welcome back DS! (I know you have been back for a while, but I wasn't sure if you were staying, or if it was a one off post)

13 hours ago, PrayodiBA said:

Powell said on his instagram that there will be 19 tracks in the album ( same amount with TLJ )

Cant wait! only 1 month

------

Anyway, when was the last time you saw "an event movie*" scored by John Powell IN A THEATRE? Well, Powell never scored an event movie* that's for sure ( the last time was, nothing )

And the last powell movie i watched in a theatre was HTTYD2, and the music's poorly mixed!

But that wont be the case here, as Star Wars gives a guarantee for a beautifully mixed music.( I mean i was more interested in Giacchhinooo's RO after i'd seen the movie in theatre, eventough we all now that, even under those tight circumtances, RO's music is just very mediocre )

imagine the feel, for me as a Powell fan, my god, really cant wait 

*) An event movie is mega blockbuster franchise movies in the line of SW, MCU,

Can't find any post about the number of tracks anywhere...any chance of a link?

Edit: Nevermind, found it! Sorry! ^^;

Powell's music?

Well, we know for the fact that it's highly unlikely it is what we think it is

( to be honest, that percussion sound is so Powell-like )

Well it's crazy right? how now everyone is capable to emulate composer's style

On this board, you just paste in the URL of a youtube video and it auto-embeds.  Using [youtube] [/youtube] brackets is an FSM / other 90s-era board software thing.

39 minutes ago, Breadstick Basilisk said:

Possible first clip from the score? 2:36.

EDIT: Also, at 3:31 Ron Howard speaks a bit about the score, and confirms Williams' new theme.

That sounds very Powell-ish! Could be, could be!

Well if thats true,then that rightfully channels all that cheerful sounding of Williams ( albeit too cheerful perhaps, considering that rather gritty spot and clips Disney is trying to sell) ala Home Alone, while at the same time, maintaining that Powellism that majority of us have cherished for. The orchestration sounds rich! unsurprisingly.

Perhaps, we've been misguided all this time. The true successor of Williams is not Giacchino or Williams himself, but rather in the form of a blunt brits named J. James Powell.

No, seriously, I couldn't hear a darn thing over freakin' Chewie.

But always happy to read praise for Powell anyhow, even if I really don't care if we have a 'successor' to Williams or not. Powell isn't the next Williams, he's the first Powell!...of course, there was Andrew Powell...nevermind. You get my drift.

On another note, I really hope John P. gets an end credits suite for this...instead of a pop song being used.

4 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

I really don't care if we have a 'successor' to Williams or not. Powell isn't the next Williams, he's the first Powell!...

Yes. No one is the next Williams.

Now this is Powell's music! starting at 0:32 till the end of the video, yet again, it's underneath Chewie's roar. Gosh cant wait! 

So is it?

EDIT: WRONG!!! hahah Powell has just confirmed it ( on his instagram account of course), that it is not!

God is he like, "ok that video, lemme check that out,*searching on youtube*,... oh you prick!" everytime he gets a question like that. He's so hyped!

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for an upcoming score. 

Obviously, I've liked and loved certain recent scores, but I wasn't anticipating them like I am this thing. 

I mean, our expectation is very damn high! We expect for some very groundbreaking shit here

Are we ready for such a disappointment?

Perhaps, what we get in the end is just full re arrengements of SW original themes (ans Williams's new Solo theme), how about that? ( we know how forceful and demanding Disney can be here, they might want to play it really safe ( concerning how much they just spent for a lot of problems & reshoots for this movie)).

Im lowering my expectation already

3 hours ago, Breadstick Basilisk said:

First clip of the score, for real this time:

Some awesome quotes of existing material. And is that a new theme I hear? Maybe Han's?

Sounds great !!

Emilia kinda sucks (what is that voice with Chewie get in I'll help Lando?)-

Luke's Theme is probably there because this seems to be the first ever time that Han and Chewie piloted the Falcon together. Cool!

is that solo or chewie theme? 3 weeks's the wait....

--------

My God! Really??

Come one, do we have to bleach your hair first in order for you to not get stiff and bland, Emilia Clarke? 

I mean come on, looks how she act when Chewie takes over. I know, this's hardly oscar material ( excapet for Powell's 2nd Nomination thats for sure), but come on!

As far as bland acting goes, you look worse than twilight era-Stewart

3 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Higher quality

Great to hear Williams Asteroid Field in there. Hopefully that will be what Williams bases Han's theme on for his contribution. That other little new fanfare straight after it is extremely Powell, so that is likely just a bit of normal music, or a theme from Powell for something else.

Sounds great. But why is Han Solo saying "may the force be with you" at the end of the promo video?? very out of character. 0/10, will not be seeing in theatres.

4 minutes ago, Fargo said:

But why is Han Solo saying "may the force be with you" at the end of the promo video?? very out of character. 0/10, will not be seeing in theatres.

This is a joke, right?