John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

^^

Well if thats the case, then this will be his fouth magnum opus.

Yeah you can consider ANtz/ Chicken Run to be his first

But really, i'd like to really recommend Happy Feet, as his second. Just hear it and acknowledge the themes.

Third, is no doubt How to Train Your mother of Dragon to act.

8 hours ago, Miz said:

Agreed. I have a southern England RP accent, and I think it's the worst in Emilia Clarke (outside GoT) and Daisy Ridley. They should've given Rey a plucky northern England, like Manchester, accent - but it would've played badly outside of the UK where old British movies have conditioned audiences that anything outside of Received Pronounciation is basically working-class...(Rey is working-class!).

I would've preferred that. Rey is meant to be an orphaned scavenger from Jakku, the arse-end of the galaxy, yet she sounds like the Head Girl from an exclusive public school in Westminster. Rey's not even working class--she's underclass, a lumpenprole.

8 hours ago, crocodile said:

That is something that always bothered me a little bit. Do you think it is because Disney didn't want to "alienate" mass audiences with anything but clear RP accent?

She probably can't do anything but a clear RP accent. It was all JJ and the casting director's fault.

1 minute ago, Sharky said:

I would've preferred that. Rey is meant to be an orphaned scavenger from Jakku, the arse-end of the galaxy, yet she sounds like the Head Girl from an exclusive public school in Westminster. Rey's not even working class--she's underclass, a lumpenprole.

Maybe accents work the other way around in the Star Wars universe?

22 minutes ago, Sharky said:

I would've preferred that. Rey is meant to be an orphaned scavenger from Jakku, the arse-end of the galaxy, yet she sounds like the Head Girl from an exclusive public school in Westminster. 

In ep. IX, I bet her parents turn out to be from the planet of Westminster.

11 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Anyway, isn't "exclusive public" kind of contradictory, @Sharky?

It's actually a tautology, like wet water. Despite the name, all public schools in the UK are pretty exclusive.

From Wikipedia.

A public school in England and Wales is a long-established, student-selective, fee-charging independent secondary school that caters primarily for children aged between 11 or 13 and 18, and whose head teacher is a member of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference[1] (HMC). The term "public" should not be misunderstood to mean that these schools are part of the public sector (that is, funded from public taxes); they are in fact part of the private sector. They were called "public" because they were open to the public - that is, anyone who could pay. 

The term "public school" in American English, and in Scotland (where a state-funded education system began roughly 300 years prior to England's), means something quite different: one administered by the local government to serve the children of that area.

1 hour ago, MusicPerson13 said:

From John Powell's Instagram:

"In addition to John Williams’ brilliant tune for Han, I got five new themes + many other motifs/riffs joining the Galaxy Far, Far Away in Solo: A Star Wars Story! 🎺😎🎺
Now.. guess/discuss! :)"

That is very good to hear. I believe Chewie's theme has been confirmed. I would hope Lando might have that Lando's Palace type theme for himself. A new Imperial rendition maybe? I don't know what else there might be. A theme for Qi'ra/Han and a motif for Beckett? Whatever these end up to be, I can't wait!!!!

2 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

I would hope Lando might have that Lando's Palace type theme for himsel

That isn't Lando's theme. Its the one for Cloud City. It doesn't follow Lando into Return of the Jedi, for example.

5 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

The girl on the left is me whenever any news on JW: Fallen Kingdom comes up. The girl on the right is everyone else. 

I think the one on the left is a guy...

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I think the one on the left is a guy...

It is, Noel Appleby, playing Everard (Odo in the book) Proudfoot.

Sounds too close to Frodo?

That’s usually the reason they change names. Asha sounds a lot like Osha, so they changed it to Yara. Heck, in the original LotR movie they changed Saruman’s name because it sounds too close to Sauron!

Just now, Arpy said:

Like 'The Adventures of Mutt' :D

I'm pretty sure if you did a search of the site you'd find that every time someone mentions this piece I interject that I love it and apparently more than most on this board.

I love that piece!  Apparently more than most here!

What do you mean by Cantina music?

If you mean a source cue, it's actually pretty rare for OST albums to include source pieces

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

What do you mean by Cantina music?

If you mean a source cue, it's actually pretty rare for OST albums to include source pieces

^^

cue like "Canto Bight". Well i guess Chicken In The Pot's the name

4. Spaceport

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

So Lando starts with a closet and ends up with a palace. What a class journey!

:lol:

2 hours ago, PrayodiBA said:

Here we go, the tracklist, official from John Powell

31895217_2042042356019056_51436912908267

Awesome. This just peaks my excitement. So here is what I think of these titles and the relation to the movie.

The Adventures of Han

I love the title. I think this will launch itself into JW's memorable SW themes.

Meet Han

A reasonable way to start the movie. A bio.

Corellia Chase

This should be good. I think Powell has shown some strength in chase type music in other scores I've heard.

Spaceport

Probably that scene where he says he's gonna be a pilot to that Imperial guy (in this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o at 0:03)

Flying with Chewie

Will probably introduce Chewie's theme, together with Han's.

Train Heist

Sounds good. We've seen footage too.

Marauders Arrive

Ooooo! Interesting.

Chicken in the Pot

Hoping for the Chicken Run theme to come out of nowhere on this one :)! I feel like this is like The Hobbit where it's out of the frying pan...

Is This Seat Taken

What seat? The Falcon, the card table. Hmmm.

L3 and the Millenium Falcon

Probably will be that scene where they all look at the Falcon in that foggy place. Maybe will use the rebel fanfare that was oft used for the Falcon.

Lando's Closet

How fun! Lando's theme maybe in here? If that happens...

Mine Mission

Wonder what mine that might be? Hmmmm.

Break Out 

Escape from prison. Maybe caught by Imperials? Gangsters?

The Good Guy

Which is who exactly? 

Reminiscence Therapy

I have nothing to say about this. Weird.

Into the Maw

For those who were wondering:

maw
noun
"a gigantic wolfhound with a fearful, gaping maw"

Savareen Stand Off
Some western textures and that teased standoff I would think.
Good Thing You We're Listening
Funny how it uses a quote like this like Rogue One did near the end of the OST. Good Thing You Were Listening and You're Father Would Be Proud.
Testing Allegiance
Beckett does say not to trust anyone. Betrayal I assume, of some sort.
Dice and Roll
The card game no doubt. This scene was played at a comic show and the response was good. Nice.

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

I wish the back of CDs always listed the track times next to each track title

Same. A lot of my classical CD's don't have times. So I'll start off on something and 20 minutes later it's still on. Thanks Tchaikovsky.

I'm guessing the track "Dice and Roll" is an end credits suite, similar to "Jyn Erso and Hope Suite" from R1.