BloodBoal

I mainly entered this forum, because the forum of the Goldsmith website is very modest. Here, however, there are some interesting discussions about that guy. This forum is really the best and intelectually stimulating, as far as an internet forum is able to be.

10 hours ago, Jay said:

"K.K. -> KK. -> KK"

This one takes the cake. 

Mods should just pin this thread as essential reading for newcomers!

Yes. We're douchebags. So what? I don't see why it's so wrong for an online community to have some character. And for those who think we don't have insightful conversation, they aren't looking hard enough. I've said this before, but when it comes to film music, JWFan boasts some of the most engaging musical discussions online.

Of course, as with any community, there's a bit of a learning curve to it. It takes some patience, and maybe more newcomer kindness on our part, but it's definitely worth the initiation process.

12 minutes ago, Hurmm said:

"K.K. -> KK. -> KK"

This one takes the cake.

Back in my more adventurous days ;)

I don't think it's any worse here than most other internet communities. Having said that, I'm pretty sick of some of the casual misogyny that rears its head from time to time. But I'm also noticing a few people calling it out which I guess is encouraging.

7 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

Why are so many people against changing usernames? It's cool. It's like regeneration on Doctor Who.

except not telegraphed almost half a year in advance and not a complete change in character.

it'd be like if Chris Chibnall said that his 'big plans for change' on the show was to only rename it to Doctor What?

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Of course soon it will be forbidden to refer to a person according to their gender.

Well you can't assume gender!

5 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

I don't think it's any worse here than most other internet communities. Having said that, I'm pretty sick of some of the casual misogyny that rears its head from time to time. But I'm also noticing a few people calling it out which I guess is encouraging.

That's just Sally and Rose. 

6 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

'big plans for change' on the show was to only rename it to Doctor What?

I'm a bit saddened that a show about time travel isn't called Doctor When. 

1 minute ago, Woj said:

I'm a bit saddened that a show about time travel isn't called Doctor When. 

hah, the show is barely about time travel these days. which is fine since the Doctor is still a compelling character, but there's not a whole lot that can be done anymore. except for turning him into a woman, of course.

Just now, DarthDementous said:

hah, the show is barely about time travel these days. 

There was the great "Under the Lake"/"Before the Flood" two-parter from 2015, but yeah in general the show's been moving away from the more timey wimey elements.

By the way, Justin and I have been called misogynists, but I think the reasons why need some clarifications.

Both he and I have been emotionally stung by a fair few women, which has resulted in a jaded attitude toward them from both of us.

But speaking only for myself now, I really only dislike women in relationship-land. Otherwise in work-land and friend-land, where I know a lot of them, I'm perfectly fine with them and I just treat them like anyone else.

To put that in an analogous perspective, if I were a gay man, I'd probably end up hating men too if they treated me in relationships the same way women have in my own relationship-land. But I'd still be cool with all the men in work-land and friend-land because they haven't crossed over into the minefield of relationship-land.

3 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

I'm a misogynist?

We all are.  You're the eccentric staring at women's chests all day.  I'm the white knight coming to the rescue of imaginary women who don't need saving.

Let's stay in our lanes!  Eyes on the prize!

Don't worry 'bout it - there's always your sexual violence and suffering videos to help you reassert your male dominance whenever you're getting peeved off here. 

See, this is what you don't understand about me. I like to view torture and also be tortured. Just because I watch videos with women being hogtied and put in cages doesn't mean I hate women. It's a kinky BDSM fetish. I blame Star Trek. That episode where Picard is tortured turned me onto it.

30 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

He's no longer wearing a shirt on Facebook!

As I recall, I used to be topless in my JWFan avatar.

How hard can assimilating into our culture really be, if both Disco Stu and I did so perfectly within months? 

Of course, I did read the forums a little for a month or two before making an account -- not sure if it was the same with Stuart. But still. 

Maybe a fairly thick skin and friendly demeanor are traits only NeoNeoNeo JWFans possess? :P

Anyway, I chose "We're the best freakin' film music community there ever was." I love this place to death. Sure, there's an overwhelming number of thread pages created here, but I'm not sure if too much of (what I see as) a good thing is a problem. :)

One thing might be true - looking at how the poll results are divided among posters seems to bear it out - we do have at least a vague semblance of "cliques" going on here, or at least groupings of like personalities.  But they all play nicely!

Or maybe it's just that everyone voted in exactly the way I would have guessed.  It's comforting.

2 hours ago, Will said:

Of course, I did read the forums a little for a month or two before making an account -- not sure if it was the same with Stuart. But still. 

Maybe a fairly thick skin and friendly demeanor are traits only NeoNeoNeo JWFans possess? :P

I did lurk for a couple of months.

And I agree, this is easily the most active film music forum because we're such a lively bunch!  It's fun!  I'm honestly glad I discovered this place.

:beerchug:

I made my discography, I joined the forum, I spotted 4 experts... They helped me alot... This is the place to be, I must confess.

7 hours ago, Quintus said:

Well done for keeping your women-hating tendencies to your dating experiences then. Give yourself a pat on the back mate.

This is why I don't date friends or work colleagues. I don't want to end up hating them.

31 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

That says a lot more about you than it does about the women you date.

Yes it does. Because when they date me, they hate me. So I can only return the courtesy.

But when they work with me or are friends with me, they seem to love me!