BloodBoal

Stefancos I didn't talk specifically about you. You act like a dickhead here, you write crap in each and every thread of this forum, but I don't think you are mean. You just have a big big need for attention...

This place has a steep learning curve but there's enough gold here to make it worthwhile to stick around and get used to the place. 

There are a lot of easily offended newbies though. 

47 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

There are a lot of easily offended newbies though. 

That's true! Stefancos has written comments that were far more offensive. I mean, who would take that "I'm the boss around here"-crap seriously? Apparently just one very sensitive newby. At least it was great entertainment.

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

That's true! Stefancos has written comments that were far more offensive. I mean, who would take that "I'm the boss around here"-crap seriously? Apparently just one very sensitive newby. At least it was great entertainment.

He will probably be horrified when he reads all my AIDS jokes.

12 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

It's not entirely crap because it's an enlargement of Steef's true character.

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Let me help the others with that: you're one of them.

See, you're not even one of those I had in mind. In fact, I've always considered you one of the sanier people here. But I've noticed an increased sense of hostility from you over the last months (a seemingly sincere one at that), so that might just change.

Actually, I thought I was pretty balanced in that comment. Pointed out the good things (and where the topic starter might have misunderstood things), but also the things I've had an issue with for years; and which I've told you all face-to-face many times -- much to everyone's annoyance.

In the other thread it was mentioned how many people join during particular crazes.  Well I joined during the Man of Steel release, so you can imagine how that went over.  Blume and Cosman pissed me off immediately, but I just took a step back and returned a while later and did my best to match the wit and humor of everyone here. 

I'm not a big internet person, so I can't speak about the qualities of other forums and communities.  I have only good things to say about JWFan though, which feels like walking into a pub, seeing who is around, and striking up a conversation about anything at all.  The quotes, the inside jokes, these are pluses as well.   

I joined partially out of a want to be more "social" about film and film music, at a time when it was difficult to do so otherwise thanks to kids and other responsibilities.  That's changed, but I still have to tap my phone onto here every day to see what's up. 

As pointed out, new members who introduce themselves are treated just fine.  I don't think we have a problem with that.  It's only when the opening moves are outright hostile and accusatory that I've seen things get ugly. 

It's silly to come in here with guns blazing.  I didn't, and I still got shit.  But I went out and achieved anyway, heh!

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

He talked me into it!

Is that really the line?! 

I've never been able to work out what he was saying. Best I could manage was He took my mittens away! Those must have been some nifty mittens, I thought.

Of course we're all douchebags, but consider where a douchebag goes...:)

We are brilliant, we are stupid; we are friendly, we hate each other's guts; we are caring, we are cynical; we are knowledgeable, we are ignorant; we are kind, we are cunts. In short, we are Human. I would, however, agree that we need to show our good sides more, and our bad sides less.

9 hours ago, Bespin said:

Here's a copy-paste of the post I wrote on FSM about JWfan forum.

@Koray Savas, can you answer me the same words you used on FSM please? It will illustrate one of the problem of this forum.

I agree, that forum could look very strange for an outsider and it's not really easy to "connect" with some of its users. There's many great sick people in it, some users use two avatars... like if they where Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide and others just play a character. 

That's very strange sometimes.

But there are also great experts of John Williams. I can't say I'm one one them, but with my discography, let's say, I have become a little expert ;-)

Come talk to me within the "Discography" dedicated threads... I don't allow too much crap there. ;-)

I illustrate the problem with this forum? I figured you'd been here long enough to understand an inside joke when you saw one. 

I doubt Bespin has come across the "I think you're a dickhead for posting this" meme yet, its not very common.

It can be fun when I read through old threads to see memes that aren't really a thing around here anymore.

"Humor, it is a difficult concept" was practically every other post for years from what I can tell, and nobody uses that anymore.

I agree with you, TGP, that it's the more rowdy, but convivial, atmosphere here, similar to a bar as you say, that I find attractive about this forum.  This is basically like the old idea of belonging to a "club" where gentlemen would gather and smoke pipes and drink whisky and whatnot.  You've got to find the one that's right for you.

Sorry, but I don't recognize the "memes" of this forum (I don't even know if this expression has an equivalent in french).

Like you read it every day, I use a very broken english and so, guess what... I don't get all the "inside" jokes.

But I'm not really here on this forum to have fun, that's my problem ;)

However I must admit that I usually understand the humour of @BloodBoal. I really love the humour of this guy!

18 hours ago, Bespin said:

However I must admit that I usually understand the humour of @BloodBoal. I really love the humour of this guy!

I don't find BloodBoal to be particularly funny.

Now AlexCremers...that guy cracks me up!

Just now, Loert said:

P.S. I've read somewhere that sarcasm is a strong indicator of intelligence. If that is true then JWFan is undoubtedly the centre of intelligentsia on the internet.

It's nice to be understood.

Man. I gave this forum two fucking great forum television series, a caption contest, my heart and soul and TGP lumps me in with fucking Stefan McWeepForMeCauseIGotAStruggle. 

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

But at least it means I'm not a douchebag, right?

Hey I cannot be one either, I'm gay.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

But I'm not really here on this forum to have fun, that's my problem ;)

Mine too, I guess. I get my "messageboard entertainment value" from discussing stuff seriously (most of the time). Then I get my banter fix whenever I meet my own friends IRL. So even if we disagree on how to organize things, we agree on this.

41 minutes ago, Blumenkohl said:

Man. I gave this forum two fucking great forum television series, a caption contest, my heart and soul and TGP lumps me in with fucking Stefan McWeepForMeCauseIGotAStruggle. 

I had thinner skin back then.

29 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

But at least it means I'm not a douchebag, right?

See, that's not funny. I don't think that's funny at all.