E.T. The Extra-Teresstrial LaserDisc Gold CD

RICHARDSTRAUSS68

Hey guys! So I got this Gold CD with my purchase of the Laser Disc and thought you Guys might want to see. It comes with a neat little interview of Williams being interviewed by Laurent Bouzereau  in the pamphlet :)

How Diffrent does this sound compared to the expanded? I noticed it says Expanded, Remastered, and REMIXED? So any pointers?

0.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Just now, Stefancos said:

It really doesn't sound any different to the standard 1996 CD to be, but i dont have great hearing

Yea, I was just listening to it. Parts so far seem to sound a little diffrent. I think I can hear the mix changes.

I have both the standard and the gold CD from the 1996 reissue. They are EXACTLY the same, except that the gold CD (if it's gold at all) will make the reflective layer of the disc last much longer than the standard aluminum one. You'll probably be able to make your grand-grand-grand-grandchildren listen to this classic. :)

2 hours ago, phbart said:

I have both the standard and the gold CD from the 1996 reissue. They are EXACTLY the same, except that the gold CD (if it's gold at all) will make the reflective layer of the disc last much longer than the standard aluminum one. You'll probably be able to make your grand-grand-grand-grandchildren listen to this classic. :)

I dunno, I have another gold disk...Shindler's List, and when I look at the top of the c.d. it looks weird, like concentric circles of color. Like the gold layer is falling apart or something

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK DCC cd was also issued as a Gold disc but limited to a handful copies.Extremely rare.Mostly the production crew had it.