BloodBoal

I don't really care for Rogue One's score as a whole, despite it having a couple moments I appreciate. It gets a negative score for me (approx. -1). I haven't heard Powell's score so I'm neutral on it (neither negative or positive, 0). Because 0 is greater than -1, I currently must like Powell's Han Solo score better than Giacchino's Rogue One score. 

1 minute ago, mrbellamy said:

Yes, because they can be anything you want them to be!

Star Wars Episode IX: Redemption of the Ewoks is my favorite Williams score

2 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

The tasteful use of the bagpipes during the climactic final battle is especially awe-inspiring. 

I definitely didn't anticipate the use of didgeridoo!

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The score needed more vuvzelas.

There's some in track 9 but it's buried beneath the bouzouki 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

April 2018:

Michael Giacchino's Rogue One vs Michael Giacchino's Han Solo score

I hope!

Max, who would love for Giacchino to be installed as the permanent spinoff composer :)

8 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

I don't really care for Rogue One's score as a whole, despite it having a couple moments I appreciate. It gets a negative score for me (approx. -1). I haven't heard Powell's score so I'm neutral on it (neither negative or positive, 0). Because 0 is greater than -1, I currently must like Powell's Han Solo score better than Giacchino's Rogue One score. 

I've never understood this in mathematics. How can you have less than zero? Zero is zero! Zero is a void. Whatever is at zero, it no longer exists!

13 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

I've never understood this in mathematics. How can you have less than zero? Zero is zero! Zero is a void. Whatever is at zero, it no longer exists!

Within my post, I was trying to use limp and structurally unsound logic to make a bad joke. I apologize for the confusion. 

• 9 months later...

Alas; even in death, Bloodboal continues to offer his undying servitude with this thread.

Solo, hands down. Not even a question.

4 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

I voted Solo, but I'm here to defend Rogue One.

By this I mean Powell's score is the superior, but I will defend Rogue One if I need to.

4 hours ago, Mephariel said:

Solo by Powell. Not even close. So much more passion, originality, personality, and fun. 

Exactly my opinion.

So Powell got to score the final Star Wars movie? :D

What an honor! For Star Wars, I mean.

8 hours ago, artguy360 said:

There is no contest here. JP wrote a smarter score. But I still maintain that Gia can write a good SW score, but not with just 3 weeks. 

You mean four and a half?

I'm not entirely sure it's a fair contest. Just by the sheer excellence behind the score for Solo, the combined efforts of Williams' help and Powell's energy, Solo comes out on top as a well-constructed and marvelous score brimming with energy and emotion. Michael Giacchino's score is still effective and I believe that he pulled one hell of a score out of scrambling for the little time he had, and don't give me any shit that he had 'more than enough time to write it', any composer stepping into these huge and prestigious boots would dream for more time, especially for a Star Wars score. Giacchino accepted the job and made the best of what he could with the time he had.

3 hours ago, publicist said:

The franchise has been called off due to extreme Solo tanking.

That's it, John Powell wrecked the franchise!

Karol