BloodBoal

7 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

Is John Powell the heir apparent to this franchise?

I would think so for future Ehrenreich/Glover entries.

Just seems like there's a bit more instrumental detail that I haven't heard in any Giacchino scores before or since, which gives me (and grandpa when he heard me playing the score months ago) the impression William Ross' orchestrations helped out quite a bit.

Jupiter Ascending is all the proof I need that Giacchino could deliver an excellent Star Wars score, so I don't by any means want to rule out his future involvement in the franchise. That said, I liked Solo a lot more than Rogue One.

@kaseykockroach that's because he did his homework without it sounding like a Haab-arsed rip. R1 has a lot of carryover from the scores preceding 2016, there's some Jupiter, some Tomorrowland, some Jurassic World and Star Trek in there that stands out as his style. 

@MuldoonI agree, Jupiter Ascending will unfortunately be lost to time with the extraordinary failure that movie was. Solo just has its cards in all the right places to deal a better hand, it's beautiful.

50 minutes ago, Sharky said:

No one one else could be that incompetent.

I wouldn't call delivering a Star Wars score that has love for it online and beyond and within the fan base an incompetent one. A majority of the criticism for the score has been from this very forum.

• 1 month later...