MV From La-La Land Records: "lots" of Williams releases are coming "in the future"

Jay

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

I used to think of JW Pepper (the music publisher and the James Bond sheriff) when people would refer to Williams as JW.  I got used to it though.

There's a Jehovah's Witness kingdom hall in the hometown where I grew up, and out front there is a big sign for their website, JW.org.  I have to admit that for a split second, every time I drive by I wonder why that place is advertising a John Williams fan site!

1 hour ago, Matt S. said:

There's a Jehovah's Witness kingdom hall in the hometown where I grew up, and out front there is a big sign for their website, JW.org.  I have to admit that for a split second, every time I drive by I wonder why that place is advertising a John Williams fan site!

That happens to me too!

6 hours ago, phbart said:

Whenever someone says MM, I keep seeing this...

images.jpg

There's a little but important difference between "MM" and "M&M".

Do you think the next candidates of the term "lots" are these?

- Amistad

- The Witches of Eastwick

- Harry Potter

Eastwick is more likely. LLL had been asking for it a long time, and the latest release (the one Warner "forgot" that LLL asked first) is OOP for quite some time.

I say bring em on. I’ve already gone through 5 or so versions of ET and CE3K.

I’ve double dipped and triple dipped for other stuff I never thought I would.

Well it's the 25th Anniversary but I've got a feeling Williams or Spielberg might consider that score a bit too personal to expand commercially. They seem very content with the film as it stands.

That said, it's Williams' only Oscar-winning original score that Matessino hasn't expanded, so it would be on his radar. And if there's only one producer Williams would entrust with such a personal score, it's Matessino.

And the recording sessions have leaked in superb sound quality, unlike the incomplete, not so great sounding and not very well put together A.I. academy promo. That'll be tough sell...

The session leaks were incomplete but paired with the OST is there anything noteworthy missing? It's like 5 hours of music.

Nonetheless, MM could use the session leaks as ammunition to convince Williams to expand the score (like the Academy Promo for A.I.)

I don't think I could sit through the score in complete form anyway; just too distressing for the soul in large doses.

The Schindler sessions are long (4 CDs) because it has the takes for each cue, and overlays and inserts too, wherever it was needed. That's why. I would say it's the complete material, but I can't say for sure.

No, the leaked recording sessions only included the Boston sessions. SL had additional sessions in LA and Toronto which didn't leak (including the film insert for I Could Have Done More and most of the choir work, hence needing the OST to assemble a comprehensive fan-edit).

Interesting. Didn't know that. But those Boston sessions seems to comprise the majority of the complete recordings. But anyway, a complete official release would be first-minute buy for me. And MM will have to be very choosey about alternate versions of cues in the "additional music" section of the future release. :)

Yes, I imagine the overwhelming majority of the score was recorded in Boston. I believe the choir was recorded in Toronto and they probably had a last-minute session or two in LA for final revisions/inserts (hence being in LA).

Who knows, we might have something for the film's 25th anniversary next year. Jurassic Park will turn 25 next year too, but I'm pretty sure there's not gonna have a 25th anniversary release for it, so...

Isn't  LLL next release announcement due out on 24th, October? Iam hoping if we can get a JW release in there somewhere, I doubt if CE3K is there yet but given the flavour of the month WITCHES OF EASTWICK expansion would be a perfect release title.... just saying...!

It wouldn't be wise for LLL to lump a large amount of JW releases together.  It would be wise for them to spread them out.  Of course ET and CE3K ended up close together, but they were anniversary celebrations and both were delayed from their originally intended release dates

Agreed, it's in their best interests to drip feed releases over a longer period, firstly so MM has sufficient time to produce the expansions properly, secondly so our wallets can recover!

And ultimately there's not a huge amount of Holy Grails left, so if they release everything we want in the space of a few years, well... what then?

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

ET and CE3K ended up close together, but they were anniversary celebrations and both were delayed from their originally intended release dates

I can understand that E.T. should have been out last June, for the 35th, but this coming November sounds bang-on for CE3K.

Jay, when were the original release dates for these two?

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Agreed, it's in their best interests to drip feed releases over a longer period, firstly so MM has sufficient time to produce the expansions properly, secondly so our wallets can recover!

And ultimately there's not a huge amount of Holy Grails left, so if they release everything we want in the space of a few years, well... what then?

Plenty of holy grails left for me. Star Wars prequels, Harry Potter, Terminal, Lincoln, War Horse, Far and Away, Schindler's List, Force Awakens... (Note that I fully realise half of these won't be released any time soon.)

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Isn't Intrada confronted with that problem on the Goldsmith branch?;)

10 hours ago, azahid said:

Isn't  LLL next release announcement due out on 24th, October? Iam hoping if we can get a JW release in there somewhere, I doubt if CE3K is there yet but given the flavour of the month WITCHES OF EASTWICK expansion would be a perfect release title.... just saying...!

This year still seems to be a huge missed opportunity for anniversary releases: The Witches of Eastwick, Lionheart, Air Force One, Amistad

Looks like October 20th from LLL next but nothing from JW. The Black Friday releases are now set for Nov 28th. 4 out of 6 titles are ready for manufacturing according to LLL via facebook announcement just a few minutes ago.