The Terminal - NEW! Complete Cue List, OST Breakdown, and Unreleased Music List

Jay

Wow, now I can see what a mess the OST is! :shakehead:

The substantial missing stuff is "War in Krakozhia" and "Medicine for Goat".

I think, it is quite funny that "The Old Boyfriend" has 5 different versions. Who could not decide? Williams or Spielberg? :huh:

39 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

I think, it is quite funny that "The Old Boyfriend" has 5 different versions. Who could not decide? Williams or Spielberg? :huh:

it's just different instruments which was very easy to change even without a score, at the podium.

except the original cue which is different music material, not found anywhere else in the score.

edit: oh, never mind. It's all there in Jay's post.

edit2: Jay, now that I see it more carefully, i think the instrumentations of your version 2 and 4 of 6m2 alt are written on the sketch.

In the first system i can't make out, but in the others, it says piano on the left, and for the right hand it says "cue clar." and for the left hand it says "cue harp".

So, i made a mistake here.

There are 3 versions of this alternate:

- one with piano all the way through (the film version of 6m2alt)

- one with clarinet & harp all the way through (this was used in 6m1)

- one with accordion & harp all the way through (this was used in the ost)

Dang it!  There goes my dream of a recorded but unreleased concert suite of the love theme.

39 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think what annoys me most is that the whole score is so short, he could have easily given us the entire thing plus his repeated music creations and it still would have fit on one disc.  Oh well.  Matessino to the rescue in another 7 years or so?

Pity there isn't a The Terminal video game to get the unreleased music.:lol:

Cool; nice to see the Maestro's original titles for all of the cues. I would love to see an expanded edition of his score (though, all of his music getting expanded releases is a given desire).

36 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Cool; nice to see the Maestro's original titles for all of the cues. I would love to see an expanded edition of his score (though, all of his music getting expanded releases is a given desire).

Agree 100% with everything you said!

• 4 years later...

Wow, I had completely forgotten I ever did this.

Looking at the main post, this is an excellent format for these types of things!  Easy to read and follow, nice use for red and blue when needed (and these colors work nicely in both the Light Theme and Dark Theme here).

I'll try to replicate this format for some similar analysises I have brewing

Speaking of The Terminal, I'm assuming there's a sheet music leak based on the detailed contents of the first post.

Curious if anything in those sheets verify the existence of the rumoured alternate ending, where Amelia (supposedly) went back to the jazz club with Viktor (instead of the pair going their separate ways at the airport)?

I always found that final track title curious, especially with those inverted commas (seemingly quoting the final lines of the film, before the ending got changed).

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

All the information from the sheet music is in the main post

Well there might be references to on-screen action or character dialogue in the sheet music, indicating Amelia's presence in the film when JW scored 7M4.

Those types of indications are on JW's original sketches, but all that leaks for most scores is the orchestrated sheets, which don't have that type of stuff (until the most recent ones JKMS now orchestrates digitally, from TFA forward)

• 1 year later...
On 02/08/2017 at 6:06 AM, Jay said:

OST 06 The Wedding Of Officer Torres

• [0:00-3:50] = Beginning of 3M1 A Stallion, bars 1-125
  • [3:50-4:27] = 5M6 Engagement and Wedding, but only bars 15-end
  • [4:27-end] = Ending of 3M1 A Stallion, bars 126-end

Thanks for that! For some reason - well because it had non-Williams music in it, I never really listened to this carefully, but listening to Sabrina this past week put me in the mood to listen to this score, and I just discovered what a unique gem "A Stallion" is. I just made an edit at 3:50.

I didn't bother adding the ending, and I think it's now my favorite track of the soundtrack. I know that theme appears later in the CD, but i just love this arrangement/version - so light and breezy, whimsical even! And The Wedding piece has a nice clean beginning with that edit made.

I hope this is a possibility for an expanded complete release. I never really keep track of what's possible or not. I just hope and hope... and hope some more.

PS. I really should also have paid more attention to this post 6 years ago.

2 hours ago, pete said:

I hope this is a possibility for an expanded complete release. I never really keep track of what's possible or not. I just hope and hope... and hope some more.

I would've thought this is one of the "easier" expansions that could happen given the studios involved (DreamWorks and Amblin) and the OST was on Decca (like WOTW, which was already expanded).

20th Anniversary next year would be the perfect opportunity.

There's actually more unreleased than I'd initially thought. I'd always homed in on just the 'Searching for a TV' cue.

Although an expansion probably wouldn't present the film 'version' of Viktor's Leaving because it's just tracked using a version of Jazz Autographs without the plucked strings. I may have to live with my recreation of that.

3 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Although an expansion probably wouldn't present the film 'version' of Viktor's Leaving because it's just tracked using a version of Jazz Autographs without the plucked strings. I may have to live with my recreation of that.

Well ideally an expansion would include a "film mix" version of that cue, without the plucked strings.

Likewise it's one of my most desired unreleased cues from the score (well, unreleased alternate mix). I'm not a huge fan of the plucked strings version on the OST.

I'd be happy if they included an alternate mix of Jazz Autographs without the plucking. I think I'm slightly clutching at straws though, given how these sets work.