Mars Attacks!

I was wondering if anyone else appreciates this score as much as I do. It is easily one of my top favorite scores by Elfman if not my favorite. I loved it since the first time I saw it. So a couple of years ago when I saw this:  http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/MarsAttacks.html I jumped and purchesed it! Curious to see if anyone else has a love for this score like I do.

I LOVE the Mars Attacks comics and the film doesn't come close to those and that's all I have to say, on the matter :)  True, the comics are extremely over the top but the tone is dark and pulp graphic. The movie was nonsensical. 

Fun film, dumb yes, but I think the cast gives its all. I enjoy Elfman's retro throwback score too, especially with the use of the theremin. It fits the film like a glove. 

The theme is fantastic, and there is a handful of good cues beyond that. But I've always had a bit of trouble getting into it as a whole. A bit too much "wailing" dissonance, if you know what I mean (I was never into that kind of retro, 50s sci fi sound).