What are you favorite John Williams recordings not available on CD that are online?

ConcertAttendee

I recently downloaded the Tanglewood premiere of Markings from a link somebody shared from YouTube.  I also downloaded the May 12, 2016 concert performance by John Williams on the Boston Pops website, as well as the My Fair Lady concert and the James Taylor concert they had available for download on their website. Another on the top of my head is the Scherzo for Piano and Orchestra World Premiere that somebody on this forum shared a link to.

But made me realize there are probably a LOT of performances online that I am not aware of. Before I go scouring google for some, I thought I would start a post so others could share their favorites.  And when I find something of note, I will contribute as well.

I am not interested in any that would be breaking copyright laws or the like, but items available on websites by the proprietary owner or that are on YouTube through legitimate circumstances.

Anyway thought it might be a fun topic. Maybe Bespin can start a new catalog of online recordings. :)

So I found a couple other fun things on the BSO website...

The premiere of Just Down West Street from 2015 in a nice edited mp3 (just the song, not whole performance)

http://bso.http.internapcdn.net/bso/podcasts/images/mp3/tmc75/1_Williams_JustDownWestStreet.mp3

And then the full concert recording of the premiere of Markings.  Apologies if these have been shared before.

http://streams.wgbh.org/online/clas/bso/bso170716.mp3

I believe Bespin already started cataloguing those.

It should be noted that the link you provide for "Just Down West Street... on the left" is from the actual premiere with Stefan Asbury conducting, not the one with Setephane Deneve conducting during the 2015 Tanglewood on Parade, that was available before. (Most of BSO/Boston Pops/TMC concerts are available during a year for on-demand listening).

Next Sunday, the recent performance of Williams' Violin Concerto at the Hollywood Bowl with Shaham/LA Phil/Deneve will be broadcast on KUSC and the audio should be available for on-demand listening for a week.

I have tons of recorded concert featuring Williams music (either conducted by himself or others), but most of them weren't available afterwards for on-demand listening. If you want to hear those, you sometimes need to stay up all night!

Finally, you mention two officially downloadable concerts from the BSO site (My Fair Lady and James Taylor...) The same series of recordings (from the 75 anniversary of Tanglewood in 2012) also includes another item with the suite from Angela's Ashes. BSO also released digitally Williams' Oboe Concerto. Both can be purchased through the BSO store and are available both in lossy and lossless formats.

Thanks for the two links, sometimes I missed those concert broadcasts!

Already in my discography you can find each legally released recordings, including those which where released digitally only (search for the keyword "digital release").

Then I have a "Concert" section with full JW concerts known to have been broadcasted. I think I have pretty much all the recordings that I list here, except some early one, but I'm sure they not so hard to find. I list them having the hope that some will be released in the next years (in CD or Blu-Ray).

Don't forget my webiste is a discography first, I list only legit releases, but I can't list Youtube videos!

Singles/EPs

2013 "For 'The President's Own'" Marjer Music Digital Release
2013 Oboe Concerto iTunes Digital Release

--> Is 2006 "Memoirs of a Geisha - Live Sessions" was released on a single CD, or is it just digital? I'm not sure anymore.

With Frank McCourt

p_tanglewood75.jpg

Music from Angela's Ashes (2000) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; McCourt, Boston Pops O/Williams)

Music composed and conducted by John Williams; Narrated by Frank McCourt.

With Dianne Reeves & Brian Stokes Mitchell

p_tanglewood75.jpg

Lerner and Loewe: "My Fair Lady", arranged for singers and jazz orchestra by John Williams (2004) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; Reeves, Stokes Mitchell, Tanglewood Big Band Ens./Williams)

Music arranged and conducted by John Williams.

With James Taylor

p_tanglewood75.jpg

James Taylor And Friends (2009) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; Taylor, Boston Pops Esplanade O/Williams)

Music conducted by John Williams.