Hollywood in Vienna/Elfman 2017 get-together?

Thor

OK, so I have now ordered my stay in Vienna for the Hollywood in Vienna concerts with Danny Elfman on the 28th and 29th of September.

Is anyone here coming? I want to host another get-together before the concert, like I did with James Horner in 2013. I'll provide more details here if there is any interest.

People who have expressed interest thus far:

Thor
Eirik (from Maintitles.net)
John Rokesmith
Marian Schedenig? (from JWFAN)
Kim
Svein Jarle

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! Would you be willing to reprise your presence at the get-together dinner, or will you be hanging with your Austrian buddies? Or perhaps they'd like to come too?

I should point out that I'm bringing a Norwegian film composer friend with me this time, and I've been told there's a good chance for an Elfman interview (one of my last remaining, living composers of my Top 10 I've not yet met or interviewed).

Updated the first post with an attendance list. Not sure if Marian wants to attend or not, hence the question mark.

Sorry, missed your reply at first. It depends on the schedule and I'll have to coordinate with the rest of my group, but generally I'd definitely be interested, and possibly the others as well.

4 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Sorry, missed your reply at first. It depends on the schedule and I'll have to coordinate with the rest of my group, but generally I'd definitely be interested, and possibly the others as well.

Cool. Let's keep in touch on that!

• 1 month later...

Last bump!

If you want to be part of this, let me know before THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (that's four days from now)! After that, I will book a restaurant.

This is mostly for Marian, I guess. I've now booked at a table, but we could easily squeeze you in (or any others who have not expressed interest yet).

THE DANNY ELFMAN IN VIENNA GET-TOGETHER THREAD

Place: Gmoakeller (right next to the concert hall)

Where it is: http://tinyurl.com/qy23v4l

Information about the restaurant: http://www.gmoakeller.at/

Time: Thursday, September 28th, 16:00/4PM - 19:00/7PM. I'll be there some minutes before to make sure everything's OK. The concert begins 19:30/7:30PM

Participants:

Thor
Eirik (from Maintitles.net)
John Rokesmith
Kim
Svein Jarle
Boingomusic (from MFADP)

Not sure how long I'll be working on Thursday, since I have tickets for the Friday concert, but if I don't show up on Thursday, I'll keep in touch to hook up (at least briefly) on Friday.