James Newton Howard's WATERWORLD - NEW La-la Land 2CD Complete Edition!

Jay

WATERWORLD: LIMITED EDITION  (2-CD SET)     LLLCD 1426
Music by James Newton Howard
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $29.98
STARTS SHIPPING AUGUST 25

waterworld-cover-Web.jpg

La-La Land Records, Universal Pictures and Universal Music Special Markets present the remastered and expanded 2CD reissue of renowned composer James Newton Howard’s (THE FUGITIVE, WYATT EARP, GRAND CANYON) original motion picture score to the 1995 action/fantasy feature film WATERWORLD, starting Kevin Costner, Dennis Hopper and Jeanne Tripplehorn, and directed by Kevin Reynolds. Considered by many to be one of the great 90’s action scores, and even considered by the composer himself to be one of his best, WATERWORLD is musical work for the ages – a thrilling orchestral epic, bursting with propulsive action, robust themes and rich emotion.

This deluxe re-issue showcases an assembly worthy of this important score, including never-before-released material, bonus tracks and a total running time of over 2 hours. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and Mike Matessino, and mastered by Matessino from original elements in the composer’s personal archive, this special limited edition release of 3000 units features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Tim Greiving and art design by Dan Goldwasser. The striking cover art is a previously unused piece by legendary illustrator/artist Drew Struzan!

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1
1. Main Titles 4:47
2. Escaping the Smokers 3:53
3. The Atoll 1:45
4. Hydroholic* 1:02
5. Gills 2:02
6. Prodigal Child 1:58
7. Gregor at Cage* 2:59
8. Recycled* / Smokers Sighted / Battle* / The Balloon* 7:12
9. Helen Frees the Mariner 3:32
10. Opening the Gates* 3:20
11. She’s Here Somewhere †* 0:35
12. Three on Deck†* / Helen’s Offer* 1:35
13. Speargun 1:47
14. Helen Sews 0:53
15. Enola Overboard* / Can We Outrun Them?* 2:59
16. The Skyboat 3:58
17. Haircuts 1:36
18. Half an Hour 4:38
19. Swimming 4:19
20. Slave Colony* 4:52
21. The Bubble 3:27
TOTAL DISC TIME: 63:09

DISC 2

1. Meeting Deacon* / Kiss of Life* 4:29
2. We’re Gonna Die 2:06
3. National Geographics 1:48
4. Gregor Returns* 1:14
5. Arriving at the Deez 4:31
6. Deacon’s Speech 3:55
7. Rowing* 1:35
8. Why Aren’t You Rowing 2:42
9. Slide for Life 4:53
10. Bungee* 2:33
11. Balloon Flight 0:52
12. Dry Land 1:50
13. Mariner’s Goodbye† 3:17
14. Main Credits 2:20

BONUS TRACKS
15. Music Box Theme* 2:18 composed by Mark Isham
16. The Atoll* (Alternate) 1:46
17. Helen Frees the Mariner* (Alternate) 2:48
18. Escaping the Smokers* (Demo) 3:29
19. Helen Frees the Mariner* (Demo) 3:49
20. Three on Deck†* (Demo) 2:04
21. Deacon’s Speech* (Demo) 3:54
22. Slide for Life* (Demo) 3:37
23. Thank You / Session Wrap Speech 6:15

TOTAL DISC TIME: 68:08

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 131:17

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/ihjr1--d4cfc-ag4f6q0

And I've already gone ahead and made a spreadsheet for ya'll

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QPQXZUFtPWamRWTJ1TdWj08etFn1AOOg77kdbGQC1BE/pubhtml

Can't wait to order this in ~3 hours time!

~~

Samples & Direct Order: http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/WaterWorld.html

Other stores selling it:

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M10982/water-world/

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/34303/

https://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-soundtracks/5125-waterworld-expanded.html

Large version of cover art:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

4 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

LLL's site never functions properly when they add new releases. Trying to order this but keep getting 404 errors. 

same

No issues here either.

Looking forward to adding this to my collection. Never bought the OST thinking it'll get expanded release at some point.

Karol

Whatever happened to her anyway?  Really liked her work in Waterworld, Basic Instinct, and Timecode and then... seems like she disappeared.

On 15.8.2017 at 6:21 PM, Jay said:

Whatever happened to her anyway?  Really liked her work in Waterworld, Basic Instinct, and Timecode and then... seems like she disappeared.

She was a terrible actress and therfore she got dumped by Hollywood.

I have no comment on this particular release (that isn't already known to everyone).

However, I would use this opportunity to chime in and say that WATERWORLD is not only my favourite JNH, it's in my list of alltime Top 10 scores! I also belong to the few who actually like the film, and have done so ever since I saw it in the cinema (as opposed to most of my fellow critics).

17 hours ago, Thor said:

I also belong to the few who actually like the film, and have done so ever since I saw it in the cinema (as opposed to most of my fellow critics).

I like it too! It's quite a fun adventure with a different setting from the usual.

Never understood exactly what the problem is with it.

Of course I like water and adventure more than most, so maybe that's got something to do with it...

Well, the action/adventure part is one thing. My favourite part of the movie is actually the MOOD (the fantastic production design adds to this, of course).

19 hours ago, Thor said:

Well, the action/adventure part is one thing. My favourite part of the movie is actually the MOOD (the fantastic production design adds to this, of course).

Yep, that's definitely very cool as well! :D

I have a shipping update for you all:

Romancing the Stone - coming in tomorrow, Aug 25. We will start shipping out starting tomorrow afternoon

Peyton Place/Hemingway - still waiting on cds to be delivered. I have been told we should have them by Aug 30. When they arrive, those will ship out along with fixed tray card

Waterworld - late. Should start shipping out Sept 5.

We apologize for the delays. We assumed we would have all these in stock and ready to ship Aug 25, but when we "assumed" you all know that makes an ass out of U and MEDiterraneans or MEDical folk...I don't know how that works with that version of the word. 

Regardless, we will ship out the cds as soon as they arrive!

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=121073&forumID=1&archive=0

Eagerly awaiting this!! Huge favorite of mine from JNH that truly needed this kind of release.

Still among the best music he's ever written, legendary as well for the tight time he did it in - mindblowing really.

I always marvel at how he found such incredible inspiration out of such a dumpster fire!

Yes, but if it means a bunch of stingers of Kevin/Dennis looking moody, does it matter that much? The tracklisting is okay but there really is very little new music.

39 minutes ago, thestat said:

Has anyone got this release? Sure, it is balls-out awesome as a score but is there  a need for a 2DC release?

Read the post just two posts before yours. It doesn't ship until Sep 5. No one has it yet. 

Waterworld is one of my favorite JNH as well, It s like mad max in blue. But one thing that made me love that movie is the cue called "swimming" which is the most beautiful cue JNH wrote, a truly uplifting or deep diving as you like piece of music. A shame there s no demo for that one or alternate because the album is worth buying for that one.

As much as I love Howard (I started his composer's thread), I was never really smitten with the Water World score for some reason.  There are parts and cues that I enjoy, but it never really grabbed me.  It's pretty standard Howard fare too, so I can't explain it.

Same - I love the highlights of this - Swimming, some great action material, and some awesome usage of his main themes, but overall even the OST feels overlong to me. I don't know why - the rest of it doesn't do much for me.

WATERWORLD SHPPING NOTICE: This title was expected to start shipping Aug 30, but a delay in the manufacturer's delivery has pushed our ship date to 9/12. Our apologies for the delay. We have confirmed that this title will in fact start shipping out 9/12.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/