NEW The Last Jedi video with Rian Johnson on watching the film with John Williams

mrbellamy

A good question. No doubt temp score is very much part and parcel of modern film making but it would be also safe to assume that the Main Title is a default piece they would place there automatically.

This just proves certain forms of irony in certain forms of situations don't go down well with octagenerians. Believe me, I had similar situations with my own grand dad.

9 hours ago, crumbs said:

Does this somewhat confirm John watches a temped version of the film, or is it just a safe assumption they include Main Title by default?

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. He may well have seen it with temp music, but I don't think this proves it, since they might include the main title no matter what. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

It would be bizarre watching a Star Wars film with two hours of musical silence between Main and End Titles!

Mhmm... was this an option for Rogue One?

If Kim Kardashian's ass can break the internet, people reacting to hearing a different main title will most certainly break The Last Jedi!

10 hours ago, king mark said:

Hopefully Williams still didn't get the joke and we get a new Star Wars Main Title

Well, they did re-record the Main Title for VIII... gotta wonder! ;)

On 19.8.2017 at 4:00 PM, BloodBoal said:

Rumor has it Johnson asked Williams to use Giacchino's Hope theme for the opening crawl...

Now that would make my skin crawl.