Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story

Jay

1 minute ago, Sally Spectra said:

Will they finally ever say "shit" in a SW film?

Doubtful. It wouldn't really fit in the lexicon of the Star Wars galaxy. "Damn" and "hell" will probably be the worst language we'll see in a Star Wars film.

45 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

This is how my sister reacted to Rogue One as well.  She complained that she couldn't show it to her 5 year old daughter.

The only reason I wouldn't show it to my child was out of fear they might enjoy such pap, and having to subsequently disown them.

But yes, the battles scenes in Rogue One were so obviously attempting to mimic modern quick cutting shaky cam action scenes, with brutal laser blast murders and explosive devices causing stormtroopers to flip around in the air like so many cars in Michael Bay films.

The only thing I can say in defense of Rogue One is that the final scene of Darth Vader murdering people was neat because his killing style was consistent with Hayden in Revenge of the Sith. Very well done there. Otherwise, garbage.

29 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

The only thing I can say in defense of Rogue One is that the final scene of Darth Vader murdering people was neat because his killing style was consistent with Hayden in Revenge of the Sith. Very well done there. Otherwise, garbage.

But the ending of Rogue One was supposed to take place hours or minutes before the start of the original Star Wars. Why did Vader go from a berserk killing machine to a more subdued and calm person who simply tosses people. 

Hmmm. 

If that's how he ends up after the battle, it would have been wiser to not create a massive battle in the first place and tack it on. 

11 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

Most of the things I enjoy are from when I was 5.

^This. I noticed that most of the movies I started getting obsessive about in my teens were all films that I remember my dad watching on TV when I was really young; Star Wars for instance. I remember watching Star Wars pretty much every week on VHS basically since I was born, and now it's almost all I ever talk about.

Given how they seem to be milking this, I'd be okay with heavy style and tone shifts between movies. Teddy bears throwing rocks, gritty war movies, horror, children movies, whatever. R1 seems like an attempt to diversify it a bit, but in a mild way so it doesn't become jarring.

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Plenty more Star Wars movies to come! No need to lose hope just yet.

Wait...you just said they were going to cancel Episode IX!

Make up your mind. I think you're toying with us.

30 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Wait...you just said they were going to cancel Episode IX!

Make up your mind. I think you're toying with us.

No, Disney is!

Just now, crocodile said:

Oh... does it mean we're getting a score from... Alexandre Desplat?

Desplat is now persona non grata at Disney!

20 hours ago, Bespin said:

I would have prefered a movie about Qui Gon Jinn, overlapping totally the events of "The Phantom Menace".

Yeah! You're right! I always thought Qui-Gon Jinn was the most interesting of the two.

tumblr_nu4e34NGzk1uvim24o1_1280.png

I think kids prefer Obi though ...

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

You will get your Qui-Gonn movie, Cremers, don't worry about that.

How know you this?

Find a way to commune with your old master, have you?

Making a movie about Obi-Wan, I really don't understand.

Honestly, they will chose what part of the story?

Before he met Anakin? (at the time he was not a Master, so Qui Gon will be there)

While he met Anakin? (so Anakin will be in the movie, it will be a sort of new episode of Clone Wars?).

After the events of Episode III? (So it will make a movie like Rogue One, 2h of bullshit only to end with a glorious finale of 5 minutes, where we will see Obi-Wan on Tatooine, and Yoda on Dagobah). Cool.

I really don't know where Disney wants to go with Obi-Wan.

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The most logical assumption is that it will take place between Episode III and IV, and will be some sort of western-like movie (A Fistul Of Republican Dataries, something like that)

Good idea, now I want a score by Ennio Morricone.

7 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The most logical assumption is that it will take place between Episode III and IV, and will be some sort of western-like movie (A Fistul Of Republican Dataries, something like that)

Yeah. Especially if McGregor's going to be in it (and he must be in it), that's really the only period they could set it.