Which would you be more happy about? SW vs HP.

Josh500

Which would you be more happy about?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you be more happy about?

• Harry Potter John Williams Collection (7 CD set, a bonus CD with never before released cues/alternates)
    • Star Wars prequels John Williams Collection (7 CD set, a bonus CD with never before released cues/alternates)

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

This reminds me....

What about the Complete Indiana Jones? Anybody craving that?

Sure, it'd be nice, but I'm satisfied with the Concorde set so far. I don't need 5 minutes of still unreleased cues. 

5 minutes?! I think the first score is just missing 3 minutes or something like that, but the second and the third score... well, how much is missing approximately? 20 minutes for each score?

6 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

5 minutes?! I think the first score is just missing 3 minutes or something like that, but the second and the third score... well, how much is missing approximately? 20 minutes for each score?

Was it that much?

I thought it was around 5-10 minutes for each score. 

The Raiders March/Shortround's Theme combo, the percussions on the bridge... Let's see, what else? :D

On 8/26/2017 at 1:28 PM, Josh500 said:

It's been literally 7 or 8 years since I last saw Revenge of the Sith, and I just stumbled across this. 

This scene is really rather ridiculous and a bit cringeworthy... Except for the music. The music gives me goosebumps. The music occupies 70% of my attention. What would I give to have this clean, on CD, in perfect sound quality! (And no, no bootleg for me!)

"I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku!!" (ie the guy who died like a bitch like... 10 minutes ago)

11 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Was it that much?

I thought it was around 5-10 minutes for each score. 

The Raiders March/Shortround's Theme combo, the percussions on the bridge... Let's see, what else? :D

Are you even serious right now?

Well, its clear you don't know these scores very well at all, then.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Are you even serious right now?

Well, its clear you don't know these scores very well at all, then.

I don't know it by heart, no. I don't have the time to study all the cue sheets for hours on end, like you might be doing.

No need to act so condescending! 

Sorry, I didn't mean to be condescending, I just thought you were a big fan of these scores!

It has nothing to do with cue sheets, just by watching the movies there's whole stretches of the 2 films where none of the music has been released yet

Well, I am a big fan, but it's been a while since I saw the Indiana Jones movies too.

And anyway, I tend to focus on the music that we do have, and I don't spend a lot of time thinking about missing cues. As a matter of fact, I can think of only two as-yet unreleased JW cues that are absolute must-haves for me, and both are from POA. 

Now that we recently got the complete A.I. and Jurassic Park and The Lost World, I'm still busy listening to and enjoying those....

5 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

"I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku!!" (ie the guy who died like a bitch like... 10 minutes ago)

Yeah, but he defeated Obi-Wan and Anakin in the last movie and dropped a bridge on Obi-Wan in this one, which baffled the fuck out of all of us when we thought he'd been killed.

5 hours ago, Richard said:

And these would be..?

Yes. "Rescue of Sirius" is one, the other is the relatively minor cue which comes between "Time to Forward Past" and "Saving Buckbeak." I find this endlessly fascinating (the entire "POA time travel music"), and I've been wanting that for a decade!

But "Dumbledore's Warning" and the cue which plays when Harry is talking to Mr. Weasley at the beginning are also outstanding. 

There are more than 2 cues, actually.

What's about the outstandingly eerie cue, when Harry sees Voldemorts in the crystal ball and Trewlany appears suddenly behind Harry and makes her prediction?

What's about the subtly sad cue, after Harry found out about his parents' murderer and vows to kill Sirius?

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea Azkaban's a really cool score with a lot of good unreleased stuff and tons of alternates

Just curious here: Is there any word how many of those alternates were actually recorded?

Same question applies to Tintin, I suppose.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

No way to definitively know, nope!

Ah, too bad. Hopefully we'll find out in the not too distant future. Here's to hoping!

Anyway, thanks for the response.

well both Finales are good but yeah AotC is missing more music and it's harder to make a good fan edit because a lot of cues are missing small bits in the middle

although I think we have over 90% of both

In my opinion POA, ROTS, and AOTC are tied (maybe I'd move POA up simply because we're missing so much). We have just about everything from TPM, COS, and PS/SS, so the main reason I'd want them is for quality.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I want all 6 scores equally, because I've neither the leaked recording sessions, nor the ultimate edition.

Well, get the UE! That's certainly better than just the OST, and it contains some awesome cues!