The director of Poltergeist dies

Quintus

Yeah, Poltergeist doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what he did. TCM1 is a horror classic, TCM2 is hilarious, I like The Funhouse, I'm a fan of Lifeforce beautiful mess of a film that is, etc... I know some people don't think he directed Poltergeist, with that whole Spielberg thing, but I always find it has it touches in it too. 

Craven, Romero, Hooper etc... are all now gone. Hopefully Carpenter is safe and sound though. RIP!

What a shitty and disrespectful thread title, clearly chosen to set up a Spielberg died post. Pathetic. 

3 hours ago, Jay said:

What a shitty and disrespectful thread title, clearly chosen to set up a Spielberg died post. Pathetic. 

That event would be titled "Director of Night Gallery Episodes Dies." 

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Wow! What a total muppet. What's actually pathetic is the size of your tiny brain.

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

To be fair to Mr Hooper, he'll be more remembered for THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

Yes. That, and the Poltergeist direction controversy. Which was the actual motivation behind the thread title.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Rubbish! Lee just wanted to give everyone a minor heart attach, or he would have done Tobe Hooper, the director of Poltergeist dies.

Twat!

You and Jason obviously don't know me like you think you do. Spielberg is one of my biggest idol's. A thread made by me announcing his death would be very different to this one, you blithering morons.

That it has even been suggested that folks here might have seriously confused this with a Spielberg obituary thread, well, that is all kinds of new stupid to me. But in the future I'll be sure to bear in mind that I share the board with a couple of spastic mongs, if that helps.

Thread title is intentionally disrespectful.  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was one of the most influential horror films ever made.  Can't this just say Tobe Hooper RIP or something?

Invaders from Mars left a mark on me as a little kid.

The thread title might be misleading, but it's not intentionally disrespectful. The title is correct: Tobe Hooper directed POLTERGEIST (check out the main title sequence, if you don't believe me). If Lee wanted to alert us to the fact that Spielberg had shuffled off this mortal coil, he would never have mentioned an entertaining, but ultimately throwaway, 80s horror flick in the thread's title.

I like to think he has more class, and respect, than that.

On 27.8.2017 at 1:50 PM, Tom said:

Spielberg died? 

Okay, a bit of bad taste there. 

My first thought, when I read this. No joke!

But it would be a weird title, cause it would be more like "The director of Indiana Jones dies" or so.

Still, the title is wrong, cause Tobe Hooper hasn't directed Poltergeist. The discussion above was predictable.

Nevermind, RIP Mr. Hooper