Sign in to follow this  
Manakin Skywalker

Why does every form of entertainment suck now?

32 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Or shooting and killing (game after game after game after game ...).

It's immoral, isnt it? A new generation of kids bred to kill.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Shooters are one genre, yes. Your point?

That I don't understand that you are so obsessed with it. It's all you play. That's why they don't make other genres anymore. Read the first post again.

That's not what this thread is about, Steef! I'm pretty sure Koray likes diversity when it comes to music and movies. You can't keep watching the same movie or listen to the same music over and over again. But when it comes to games, shooters and action (or anything with weapons to kill your adversaries) reign the medium.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

That I don't understand that you are so obsessed with it. It's all you play. That's why they don't make other genres anymore. Read the first post again.

Sorry, but this post shows just how clueless you are about the gaming industry. That's fine if you're not interested in it, but don't go making false claims about things you don't understand.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:24 AM, Alexcremers said:

Realism and shooting people ... Most of mankind is into that.

I'm still waiting for something like Journey or Flower.

Journey-tribute-1024x640.png

In that case I reckon you'd enjoy Abzu.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:07 AM, Manakin Skywalker said:

Basically everything from the last 10 years (not literally, obviously). The vast majority of films seem to be flops. They all look the same and have the same basic generic stories.

You could say the same thing about every decade.  If this were 1997 or 1987 you would find people saying the same thing.  But if you think that TV especially is worse now than it was before then you're delusional.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Careful, Cremers. Koko may shoot you in the face if you keep on making such "false claims"...

Watch out guys, this super realistic shooter just came out. It's all I'm gonna play.

mario.png

11 hours ago, Sharky said:

In that case I reckon you'd enjoy Abzu.

Yes! It's by one of the guys from thatgamecompany. 

Lifeless Planet looks nice too:

Lifeless-Planet-Canyon1-700x350.jpg.opti

Yes, Koray, KM and most of JWfan, it doesn't look ultra-realistic but I never was into that. I always wanted games to look unique from everything else. In fact, I liked it when it look obviously computer animated with sounds and music that sounded obviously computer-based. I hate the "This game is like a Hollywood movie" direction that games are more and more heading towards to.

tron-1.jpg

The best thing about Tron (1982) is that it is its own unique world and not just a realistic representation of the real world.

9 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

tron-1.jpg

The best thing about Tron (1982) is that it is its own unique world and not just a realistic representation of the real world.

A nice 2:20/1 still.

What I find amazing about TRON, is that Lisberger was so far ahead of the curve, that not many people truly understood the potential of both CGIs, and computers, in general. The line "Doing our business is what computers are for" went over most people's heads.

TRON had to wait for the world to catch up. It is still an absolutely amazing film, sonically, visually, and thematically.

On 30/08/2017 at 1:39 AM, Sally Spectra said:

They're more and more like interactive movies now. But is that what I want from a video game experience? More and more I retreat to my NES, SNES and Mega Drive just to get some side scrolling stimulation. That was video gaming.

Snore.

46 minutes ago, Quintus said:

That doesn't happen you plonker! What happened is visual fidelity got so sophisticated you think you're still looking at cutscenes. Get back to watching your soaps in your Drax PI leather jacket and leave the knowledgeable talk to others!

Plonker! :lol:

35 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I hear B&B is on form these days.

Bread 'n' butter?

On 8/29/2017 at 0:09 PM, king mark said:

Well I agree with movies. there are no event movies anymore, the type that are "life changing" like Star Wars, Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark,Alien etc... and turn you into a geek seeking every information about how they made it, has iconic characters that make you life long fans. The "magic" is pretty much gone

I think this 100% still happens but it's harder to tell what's actually having an influence because obviously multi-million dollar hits are a dime a dozen now. You can't quite weed out the genuine phenomenons from the counterfeits, because it all feels like white noise and so we get in this habit of just cynically dismissing absolutely everything as calculated and/or disposable when it's not necessarily true. And of course time has to be a factor because even when you get something like Avatar which was such a notable financial and technological phenomenon at the time, it hasn't shaped up to be particularly generation-defining as a cultural item.

I would say The Dark Knight and Inception were the last time I could more or less sense a generation of lifelong movie geeks being created, both in terms of audiences and future filmmakers. I'm only really a polite admirer of those movies and Nolan in general, but it was just undeniable when that was happening. You could see the cult forming, and it seemed pretty equally split between really smart and really dumb people (which is often a sign that something's legitimately touched a nerve). It's fucking impressive when that happens with a director, though. You gotta tip your hat.

On 29/8/2017 at 9:39 AM, Manakin Skywalker said:

Anyone else notice that pretty much all movies, TV shows, and video games are all just the same copy-and-pasted bullshit over and over again? No decent stories, no unique look, no soul... just the same stupid shit. Same with a lot of film music too.

Untrue.

8 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

The movie Raiders Of The Lost Ark changed your life, KM? In what way?

Speaking for myself, it made me want to become a womanizing murderer with a satchel. So far, I've only got the satchel.

10 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

The movie Raiders Of The Lost Ark changed your life, KM? In what way?

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd say that Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Alien were really life changing for most people. Star Wars, yes. But, anyway, the modern generation has Harry Potter (it's getting a little old now, but it's still pretty recent), their own life-changing series - albeit one based on books.

You are 16 years old right?

So you weren't born when these films came out. Please don't talk about things you don't know anything about. These are films that had a huge influence on people's lives.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You are 16 years old right?

So you weren't born when these films came out. Pleasw don't talk about things you don't know anything about. These are films that had a huge influence on people's lives.

15. ;)