Sign in to follow this  
Manakin Skywalker

Why does every form of entertainment suck now?

Star Wars was life-changing for me in that it made me not want to be a geek anymore.

article-1177218-04CD850A000005DC-164_468

This is truly why we can't have nice things. Still, I can't resist my geek impulses, but I've become even more private when it comes to that sort of thing.

5 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

Star Wars was life-changing for me in that it made me not want to be a geek anymore.

article-1177218-04CD850A000005DC-164_468

This is truly why we can't have nice things. Still, I can't resist my geek impulses, but I've become even more private when it comes to that sort of thing.

This is exactly like how my wedding was.

I'm so sorry...

Have the 2010s produced the worst sequels and remakes ever? Just when you think it's never going to get worse than Indiana Jones and the Crystal Head, suddenly you realize things weren't that bad even when they seemed most dire. Dumb and Dumberer, Independence Day: Resurgence, Female Ghostbusters, Suicide Squad, Star Trek Into Darkness and Beyond. Everything sucks now. It seems to get worse and worse.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

The newest JWFAN members' "life-changing films" are things like The BFG and Bridge Of Spies... Fuck's sake... The forum ain't going downhill, it's going under hill!

No one on this forum has ever spoken about The BFG like that.  And I wouldn't consider any movie I've ever seen as life-changing.  Not in any real sense.

Anyway, BoS is an interesting character-driven story that I greatly enjoy.  I am an adult not a child.  Way too much time is spent on this forum pining for entertainment from when they were kids.

I would say getting interested in and falling in love with movies as an art form certainly had a huge impact on how I spend my time and how I think.  But I don't think I'd be physically doing anything different than I am now because of any one single film.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

The newest JWFAN members' "life-changing films" are things like The BFG and Bridge Of Spies... Fuck's sake... The forum ain't going downhill, it's going under hill!

:lol:

My life-changing film is definitely TFA. It's not really my favorite film, but it's the film/score (and the anticipation beforehand) that propelled me into crazed John Williams fandom with a side of Star Wars fandom.