Johnny Williams Sr.

Disco Stu

3 minutes ago, karelm said:

John Williams Sr, drum kit, Jerry Williams, snares/perc, and John Williams, piano.  I believe it was late 1960's early 1970's

Heh, they left out Don!  I wasn't even aware of Jerry's existence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one's a lot of fun too!

John sr. appeared in several films (onscreen) with the RS Quintet as early as the 30s, as we've discussed in previous threads on this topic.

He managed to have a great and long and fruitful percussion career between the late 20s to the early 70s, when he basically retired. He died in '85. Our John would have never had his breakthrough in the industry if it weren't for his dad's connections in the industry.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

as we've discussed in previous threads on this topic.

Well "we" didn't include "me"!  Since so much of this kind of detailed/obscure info about Williams is "hidden" across hundreds of threads in various messageboards over 20 years you can't assume everyone knows everything.  Newer people to the community will re-discover things you've known about for decades!

12 minutes ago, karelm said:

See my edit about Don.  Jerry came back out of retirement to play on SW TFA so the trio persists with our Johnny/Jerry/Don.  The two at the left are Jerry and Don at the session of TFA with Johnny taking the picture :P nah I'm sure he was at the podium or with the conductor.

12238420_738955522876932_8893829964646826669_o(1).jpg

Great picture!  Looks like Don is quite a bit younger than his brothers?

Don is born around 1950, perhaps a year or two before (just a couple of years older than my own dad), so yes, definitely an age gap. John is about 17-18 years older. Jerry is the second-oldest, born some 4-5 years after Williams. The fourth sibling, Joan, was born sometime during the war.

18 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Heheh, I feel a kinship with Don!  We're both "oopsie!" 4th children.

Yes and you two are both fans of JW.  He might as well be your twin since you have so much in common.