E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

14 hours ago, Stefancos said:

7 minutes for a ride sounds about right

15 hours ago, La La Land Records said:

9 The E.T. Adventure * 4:12

I'm not a big fan of this score. Never quite clicked with me for whatever reason (save for some isolated sequences). Same with the film. But I certainly can appreciate impeccable craftsmanship that went into it. This release sure looks fantastic. Will be getting this to make all the other discs obsolete. Curious to hear the ride music as well.

Karol

What Picking Pockets was for Tintin OS album, Botanicus is for the complete E.T. album.

Incidentally, I don't care much for either.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm gonna snatch up this set (maybe even 2 sets, like A.I. and Jurassic Park Collection), and I'm gonna listen to it! Yeah!!

Presumably all of them.

Just now, phbart said:

which E.T. CD can definitely be retired with this release coming?

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I'm not a big fan of this score. Never quite clicked with me for whatever reason (save for some isolated sequences). Same with the film. But I certainly can appreciate impeccable craftsmanship that went into it. This release sure looks fantastic. Will be getting this to make all the other discs obsolete. Curious to hear the ride music as well.

Karol

Nolan fans do not like E.T. 

Far too much emotion for them. Better move on Karol.

2 minutes ago, phbart said:

So, back to the music... which E.T. CD can definitely be retired with this release coming?

None.

But what do you mean retired? Throw it away? Sell it? Or just put it away for good?

1 minute ago, phbart said:

So, back to the music... which E.T. CD can definitely be retired with this release coming?

The OST certainly, and the two previous expansions I suspect are also now obsolete.

I only have the 20th Anniversary Edition (a store promo, incidentally), and that will be given a new home with a friend.

As far as I can tell, this looks definitive, and a book closer.

46 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

So, the cue from the film that got into the 2nd disc , is the Kiss, right?

The Kiss and The Levitation is on disc 2. As you can see, they wouldn't fit on disc 1!

46 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

The encounter is Elliot explores the Cornfield?

Yes.

This release is especially cool for people like me who have never had any fan edits of any kind of the score.  The only release I've ever owned is the '02 soundtrack, which is amazing of course.  I didn't hear the OST at all until 5 or 6 years ago.

12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Presumably all of them.

I was thinking about keeping the 96 release because of a little passage in the "At Home" (around 1:15 to 1:30) that is different from the 02 release and the laserdisc iso score.

Also, the "E.T. Alone" (the part the ship takes off and E.T.'s heart dims) from the laserdisc is different than the 96 and 02 CDs. I'm curious about the alternate track on CD2, if it'll be the same (surely CD1 will have the film version from the laserdisc). Those little nuances will probably make me keep all of the past releases. But hey, that's just me. :)

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

To me they are 2 sides of the same coin!

I can see how that makes sense. Both build up gradually towards spectacular climaxes.

Karol

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Kiss and The Levitation is on disc 2. As you can see, they wouldn't fit on disc 1!

Yes.

Do you by any chance know what is the alternate for E.T.'s new home?

We didn't have any evidence that there is an alternate of this cue.

Also I wonder if Far from home Alternate is in essence 2 versions of the cue, adding the alternate beginning to the original cue.

(for anyone that isn't aware, the revised is the one we always knew)

Was "The Encounter" really that long in the film or is it partly unused?

5 minutes ago, OneBuckFilms said:

I'm curious where the short cues that were moved to CD 2 fin chronologically.

I think "The Encounter" follows after "Bait for E.T." and "The Kiss" follows after "Frogs". But what the hell is "Levitation"?!

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The OST has a fantastic program!

Sure does. But I'm really not so fond of the other concert versions from the OST. The Flying theme, I prefer the 1987 "By Request" version, and I don't care that much for "Abandoned and Pursued", "E.T. and Me" and "E.T.'s Halloween".

Just now, phbart said:

Sure does. But I'm really not so fond of the other concert versions from the OST. The Flying theme, I prefer the 1987 "By Request" version, and I don't care that much for "Abandoned and Pursued", "E.T. and Me" and "E.T.'s Halloween".

Everything you wrote down there I disagree with.

Looking at both the CD length, it's obvious they have no more place for any alternative that already existed.  It also explains why shorts tracks were moved to CD2.

But at the same time, since "The Kiss" is half score, half diagenic... it's a good solution.

Ok ,I'm very sorry for doubting. It's those people that tried to interpret the fuzzy photo's fault!!! Seriously I had already it written off

Were  getting E.T. Adventure, now i'm happy, but wasn't there more music in the Ride that sounded like a weird version of Yub Nub? and my bootleg track of Botanicus is 3.51 and this is 4.15 (?)

Will buy this on Day One

16 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Where did the name "Botanicus" come from again?

it's the name of that creature in  the ride  who restores the "balance" of nature

I've never been to a Universal or Disney theme park in my life, so I have no frame of reference.

The Days of Thunder ride at King's Dominion was awesome.  Maybe there's unreleased music from that.