E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

9 minutes ago, phbart said:

It's been in stock for more than a week now, so it's probably soon sold out again.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I've officially reached "feeling nostalgic for promotional campaign from only a year ago" level of soundtrack fandom.  Help.

I saw this picture and all the good feeling from the announcement last year came flooding back.

et-35-share-web.jpg

Yeah and that famous "what's on the discs, I can't see the titles on this pixelated picture, I counted 23 tracks on CD1! What about Botanicus! Is it on it?!"

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yeah and that famous "what's on the discs, I can't see the titles on this pixelated picture, I counted 23 tracks on CD1! What about Botanicus! Is it on it?!"

Love it!  I almost forgot about counting the tracks because we couldn't read the titles.  Good times.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Love it!  I almost forgot about counting the tracks because we couldn't read the titles.  Good times.

I remember the similar situations with Empire of the Sun and A.I., seeing how I contributed with photoshopped versions with sharpening and straightening the titles.

I'm sure we'll do the same to see whether Chamber of Secrets includes The Chamber Opens which wasn't tracked after all, just missing from the session leak. Or how Temple of Doom will be edited.

42 minutes ago, Holko said:

Or how Temple of Doom will be edited.

This!

26 minutes ago, Falafel said:

I bet the former will probably happen before the latter.

I had a dream last night where this happened, but the other way around.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Half of JWFan when Temple of Doom expansion is announced by Intrada:

"Not Potter?  Yawn.  Wake me up when something exciting happens."

JAY: Since Lucasfilm is owned by Disney.....

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I think I read it somewhere at this forum, possibly uttered by @Jay.

Me?  How would I possibly know LLL sales figures?

40 minutes ago, Jay said:

Me?  How would I possibly know LLL sales figures?

You've said you're mentioned in some booklets, so I assumed you have contacts who might have told you how large the initial batch was.

Even if LLL told me in private how many copies some title sold, I wouldn't go blasting that information out into the world behind their backs.  That is their information to give, or not give, out.

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Even if LLL told me in private how many copies some title sold, I wouldn't go blasting that information out into the world behind their backs.  That is their information to give, or not give, out.

I didn't assume they'd disclose the info if they didn't consider it public in some way.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:13 PM, Jay said:

3,000 copies gone already!

It seems your memory deceives you.

15 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Half of JWFan when Temple of Doom expansion is announced by Intrada:

"Not Potter?  Yawn.  Wake me up when something exciting happens."

In either case, I will not yawn for the other franchise not being expanded yet.

56 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It seems your memory deceives you.

In fairness to @Jay, I'm pretty sure he was only quoting a post from MV (or someone high up at LLL) there, in regards to 3000 units being sold. I'm pretty sure that figure was posted by someone from LLL on FSM last year.

One's a remastered catalog release of one of the best and most well-known scores of all time from one of the best and most well-known films of all time. The other's an OST reissue of a score to a movie I think well over half of the living world has never heard of or has completely forgotten.

6 minutes ago, Holko said:

One's a remastered catalog release of one of the best and most well-known scores of all time from one of the best and most well-known films of all time. The other's an OST reissue of a score to a movie I think well over half of the living world has never heard of or has completely forgotten.

Hum... you know it was a joke, right?

Just now, phbart said:

Hum... you know it was a joke, right?

Oh. Sorry, but sarcasm is hard to pinpoint through text when you give no indicators (not necessarily an emoji), and my year and a half here showed me an opinion like that is completely possible for someone to have.

😜 But getting high is the high point of my day.🤪

I even convinced my now ex-girlfriend to join me on the weed by telling her "we'd be cute together". Dunno why she dumped me... or maybe I dumped her. Can't really remember.

3 hours ago, Holko said:

I like the Witches of Eastwick score more than the E.T. score.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Got my copy of E.T. The Extra Terrestrial 35th Anniversary Remastered Edition: 2 CD Set Limited Edition. Got my copy awhile back from Ebay after it had sold out on La Land Records originally. Great score and great soundtrack release amazing !!! 

49505602_10156035551563404_6526970596100669440_n.jpg