E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

Mine's arrived, along with Romancing the Stone, Cutthroat Island, Link and Cliffhanger in the same package.

The box, however, was mutilated by Australian customs, so they must have suspected it contained explosives or illegal drugs or something.

Perhaps they didn't believe such a large package could have a retail value of $1 ;)

Of course, to the uninformed, they might have questioned why such an assortment of CDs had any worth at all.

Just to share my experience. I ordered immediately upon released, got no shipping notice but I assume it went out around the 3rd, and The CD arrived on the 12th. Can’t complain really.

I got home super late though, in the middle of the night, so I’ve not had time for a listen yet. Well... not a proper listen anyway. ;)

I never got mine, so I emailed them on the 11.  Didn't get a response to my e-mail, but a few hours later I got a shipping notice e-mail.  My orders must have fallen through the cracks.  Happy to get them soon!

9 minutes ago, hornist said:

Its still "temporarily out of stock" so I guess I miss it:(

Don't worry. I am sure you'll get your copy once it comes back in stock.

I got my copy last week and as usual it was a fast delivery from LLL.

40 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

What does "temporarily out of stock" mean at all? I have never seen a score that was temporarily out of stock and got back in stock!

They do not print the whole e.g. 5000 unit pressing at once and when the initial units they ordered from the plant run out they have to do another batch. I remember that e.g. LLL's Star Trek The Motion Picture set was "temporarily out of the stock" and it got back in stock so that I could order it.

How quickly they order that new follow-up pressing is another question though.

46 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

What does "temporarily out of stock" mean at all?

It means they've sold every copy the pressing plant has already delivered to them, and now they have to wait for the pressing plant to finish off another run before they can sell any more

46 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

I have never seen a score that was temporarily out of stock and got back in stock!

It happens all the time.

Yes.  It will come back into stock eventually.  Sometimes labels cannot afford to purchase a new run of CDs from a pressing plant until they have enough capital on hand to do so.  The best way to help them get capital is to buy their other products.

And this new E.T. set sold incredibly well so no wonder they ran out their initial batch.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes.  It will come back into stock eventually.  Sometimes labels cannot afford to purchase a new run of CDs from a pressing plant until they have enough capital on hand to do so.  The best way to help them get capital is to buy their other products.

Now I'm glad, I didn't buy it for a "sold out"-price of 60 bucks!

2 hours ago, phbart said:

Mine is still on it's way to my planet. I hope it doesn't get hit by an asteroid or something...

@Bespin, did your tracking code begin with "UA"?

Yes. It arrived in Quebec yesterday from Richmond, BC. So I guess it will be delivered this week, maybe tomorrow or wednesday.

I asked because I read some complaints from eBay sellers that those new "UA" codes aren't traceable outside US because it's a cheaper shipping method. And I beggined to worry a little because I'm expecting two packages from eBay with this darn code, and both are celebrating little over a month now of departure from US. E.T. was also sent with that code (which makes me wonder why charge $16,50 if they use the cheapest shipment method). But it was only on october 5th, so it's kind of soon to panic. But if you said yours arrived in your country, then USPS must have changed something in their system.

2 hours ago, phbart said:

I asked because I read some complaints from eBay sellers that those new "UA" codes aren't traceable outside US because it's a cheaper shipping method. And I beggined to worry a little because I'm expecting two packages from eBay with this darn code, and both are celebrating little over a month now of departure from US. E.T. was also sent with that code (which makes me wonder why charge $16,50 if they use the cheapest shipment method). But it was only on october 5th, so it's kind of soon to panic. But if you said yours arrived in your country, then USPS must have changed something in their system.

I had 2 ebay packages of collectibles from Europe recently and the tracking number doesn't work in canada .I just got the packages even if the tracking said  "item cannot be found in our systems"

10 hours ago, phbart said:

But to trace my UA now, because the package is in Canada, I have to do it with Canada Post, no longer UPS.

Oustide USA, only your local postal system knows where your package is now.

image.png

image.png

18 minutes ago, Bespin said:

But to trace my UA now, because the package is in Canada, I have to do it with Canada Post, no longer UPS.

Oustide USA, only your local postal system knows where your package is now.

When I paste the code into my local postal service website, it only shows "Flight Departed". I bet they sent it through messenger-ravens.

Bespin is like me: French Canadian Got into collecting JW scores after it was OOP and it fetched too much money on the secondary market.  Hoping for a reissue!

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Bespin is like me: French Canadian Got into collecting JW scores after it was OOP and it fetched too much money on the secondary market.  Hoping for a reissue!

Don't put words in my mouth!  I'm very happy to have bought some of the original CDs (The 1982 E.T. CD too), because I want them all in my collection (when I find them at a good price), even if their sound is obsolete!

51 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Where is Dracula in your collection?:blink:

Woops it changed into a bat just few seconds before I took the pic! ;-)

I know you've been buying older CDs from before you were a collector; But if I'm not mistaken, you haven't tracked down Dracula yet, right?  If that is all true, then I didn't put words in your mouth, I explained the situation exactly!

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I know you've been buying older CDs from before you were a collector; But if I'm not mistaken, you haven't tracked down Dracula yet, right?  If that is all true, then I didn't put words in your mouth, I explained the situation exactly!

Dracula, is now too rare and expensive.

I'm waiting for a JWfan that is dying from cancer or any degenerative stuff (I suspect already some users do).

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « I say patience anakin star wars »

I say patience.

Just now, Bespin said:

Dracula, is now too rare and expensive.

I knew it!  I was exactly right!

Someday, Bespin, Dracula will be reissued, and we can both finally own it!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I knew it!  I was exactly right!

Don't ever trace any other parallel with you and me, it makes me... uncomfortable. :sarcasm:

3 hours ago, Jay said:

The admin of JWFan doesn't have Dracula?! Is it really so rare? I got it for 12€ and I just waited two weeks until I got it that cheap.