E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Well nobody's is shipping until the 26th

Yes I read that, I hope I well ge it for Halloween at least ;-)

17 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Damn this one's going faster than I thought!  I was going to hold off for a bit but I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger as they say.  ORDERED!!!  :D

Now I feel stupid ordering late because I sat on my ass and decided not to order yesterday!

6 minutes ago, phbart said:

I bet Jurassic Park also sold around 50% of the units in little over 24hrs.

1000 in the first hour apparently.

I'm tempted to package this up with a contrasting score like Rosewood, then do Close Encounters with Home Alone whenever the former gets released.

2 minutes ago, phbart said:

I'll also bet there's gonna be a new Home Alone release this year.

Not a chance.  Never discount the chance of a reissue of course, but no new release

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Humor. It is a difficult concept.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

Oh screw it, ordered with Rosewood (a score I don't know well)! 

Should've just ordered yesterday when I planned to; probably added 10 days to my shipping by waiting. :sarcasm:

Don't know Rosewood. Never seen the film nor heard the score. I'm not a huge fan of Williams 1990's post-Schindler's List era, except The Lost World.

Since Amazon delivers in about 7 working days (usually less), I just ordered the E.T. 4K blu-ray. Worst case scenario, I'll get it by september 22, 4 days before LLL will even begin to ship our goodies. In some distant future, I'll enjoy the actual 4K thing. I just want to listen to the remastered OST as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

One of his best and most unique scores. Maybe a Top 10, but surely a Top 15 candidate!

The film also (based on true events) is quite good and powerful! I was pleasantly surprised!

If it comes on Bluray, I'll surely purchase it.

37 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

The film also (based on true events) is quite good and powerful! I was pleasantly surprised!

If it comes on Bluray, I'll surely purchase it.

Considering you used "also" we agree on the score's quality and highly disagree on the movie's quality.

5 hours ago, Bespin said:

I have the feeling that it closes a book... that was left open for too long.

Not good at all for the spine.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Another anniversary?

It's called Christmas.

On 9/13/2017 at 5:48 AM, bollemanneke said:

I've learnt to accept the shipping fees, but yesterday evening I was discussing this with someone else: why doesn't LLL do digital releases? Is it a licence/administrative thing? Because if they went digital, they would never have out-of-print products, they'd probably make more money because people wouldn't have to pay for shipping and problems like the Waterworld set wouldn't exist.

@bollemanneke I was just reading Intrada's forum, and Douglass Fake (owner of Intrada) made a nice post on the topic:

Listeners should recognize that most of the digital rights remain with the studios and are not typically included in the various small soundtrack label's licensing agreements. It's not uncommon that we locate, restore and prepare all these soundtracks and prepare them for release on CD with the understanding that the licensors maintain rights and first options on releasing them digitally after that. The incentives for studios to license all this music is pretty small. Their being in a position to exploit these premieres and expanded albums further via digital platforms is really one of the few things they get out of the deals. So usually they decide on how to present the downloads and streaming audio be it lossless, compressed, truncated and whatnot. Whatever titles we do actually control or share in such manner, we are currently learning about and exploring everything on the horizon as best as we can.

:)
--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=77717#p77717

25 minutes ago, phbart said:

What are those DVDs?

It's a book shelf converted manually... into a CD shelf.  That's not pretty, but that's work.  I really have to order that IKEA super big shelf, I know.

IMG_2154.JPG

2 minutes ago, phbart said:

Nice collection.

But hey, where's SW Anthology?

Right here, with other boxsets and my classical music collection.

IMG_2156.JPG

1 minute ago, phbart said:

Ah, okay. Now we're talkin... :)

All the rest is unfortunately in boxes... Some in the basement... Now I listen to Spotify instead of picking up my own CDs. It changed so quickly when I think of it!

I have a nice Jazz and vocal jazz collection... a lot of Frank Sinatra CDs too... they're all in boxes. In fact, I only kept my Aznavour, John Williams, Roy Orbison and classical CDs on display. This is what I listen the most today.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Looks precariously balanced. Are you hoping for an @Johnnyecks?

Precarious, indeed.  But they are not allowed to move, so I'm okay.

What happened to Johnnyecks? His shelves broke?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Twice I think! 

Thank you so much to make me even more anxious than I already was.  I will take a 4th Ativan I think. ;)