E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

4 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I don't own a camera. It captures your soul!

Soul for evidence!

On 9/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, azahid said:

I think they removed the Registered Mail option primarily because USPS was not offering International Tracking anymore. And Express Mail is the only option where they can provide tracking information. $45 is way too steep. Its better to order other titles in bulk to justify such a high shipping cost.

Use the Guest Option!

I did..! Thanks..!

A little off topic, but just read this new and interesting interview with Robert MacNaughton (older brother Michael) recollecting E.T. There were some thing he went into detail on that I never knew about, and was a bit amusing. He even comments his opinions on the 20th Anniversary alterations.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/et-the-extra-terrestrial-star-on-deleted-scenes-teasing-drew-barrymore-wild-et-fans

I am actually just realizing that Robert MacNaughton had no real acting career outside a few TV appearances in the 80s.

I did like this nugget regarding the original ending being scrapped after hearing the music:  "But at a certain point when they added the music, they decided that... with the music, it’s just an incredible ending with Elliott waving goodbye to the ship. It’s like, how do you go on from there?"

E.T. SHIPPING NOTICE: There has been a manufacturing error with DISC 1 of E.T. and this disc needs to be repressed before the factory can finish production. This has delayed the customer start shipping date to 10/3. We are extremely sorry for this unforeseen delay, but we need to make sure we do not have defective protect. E.T. will start shipping on 10/3. Thank you for your patience.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/

I was about to finally order it when SAE displayed a warning about lost packages prompting me to pay an extra $45 or risk losing my CDs. Now I now what some of you had been talking about - the regular shipping cost forecast for Austria showed the same price as usual, it wasn't until actually trying to finalise the order that they showed this! Unsure how to proceed now...

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I was about to finally order it when SAE displayed a warning about lost packages prompting me to pay an extra $45 or risk losing my CDs. Now I now what some of you had been talking about - the regular shipping cost forecast for Austria showed the same price as usual, it wasn't until actually trying to finalise the order that they showed this! Unsure how to proceed now...

it's a really annoying site to order because of things like that.  I forgot what you have to do to decline that but it took some fiddling around

Well it is good that they spotted the pressing error now and not when the sets had already been sent out to the customers.

11 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Last time I ordered form SAE I choose the regular mail option at my own risk. The pack arrived fast and safe. 

Some 8 or 9 years ago there were some problems with lost packages around here (I do recall losing a couple of them from SAE over a period of a couple of years), but since then, everything has arrived to my mail box.

On 9/22/2017 at 5:45 PM, Jay said:

E.T. SHIPPING NOTICE: There has been a manufacturing error with DISC 1 of E.T. and this disc needs to be repressed before the factory can finish production. This has delayed the customer start shipping date to 10/3. We are extremely sorry for this unforeseen delay, but we need to make sure we do not have defective product. E.T. will start shipping on 10/3. Thank you for your patience.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/

Damn...

Well, another week and a half to wait. It will be more than worth the wait, though.

I have to ask this because I just want to be sure. I ordered it the day it was available for purchase at the hour it was made available to order. Is this gonna affect the product that comes in the mail, or will what comes in the mail be flawless? I just want to be sure, as the payment in the order was already processed and received.

A lot of things can go wrong in production. Defects in the disc program, the physical appearance, or a track that doesn't play properly.

i just hope the fault was with the production company, as whoever's fault it is will end up paying. That can be costly for a small label such as LLL. Luckily the quantities are quite small, so the extra cost should follow suite.

I appreciate mistakes happen, and if they need a few more days to offer a perfect product I am happy with that.

What I am not happy about is that they charged my credit card 11 days before the scheduled shipping day, when the product wasn't even manufactured, and now there is even another delay.

I hope they will at least include the corrected JP cover in the parcel as a good will gesture since I was in the initial bunch of customers when that set was released.

Also not really a great customer service not replying to customers' emails (been waiting for two weeks so far...)

15 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

I appreciate mistakes happen, and if they need a few more days to offer a perfect product I am happy with that.

What I am not happy about is that they charged my credit card 11 days before the scheduled shipping day, when the product wasn't even manufactured, and now there is even another delay.

I hope they will at least include the corrected JP cover in the parcel as a good will gesture since I was in the initial bunch of customers when that set was released.

Also not really a great customer service not replying to customers' emails (been waiting for two weeks so far...)

You have a point. Then again, they have your order information, so once the item ships out, all is set.

However, I never received a copy of the order receipt despite checking off to receive a copy. Then again, they received my order and the charge processed and went through successfully. Now, I wait for next week.

11 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

Last time I ordered form SAE I choose the regular mail option at my own risk. The pack arrived fast and safe. 

Some 8 or 9 years ago there were some problems with lost packages around here (I do recall losing a couple of them from SAE over a period of a couple of years), but since then, everything has arrived to my mail box.

I've been ordering from them for years and never had an issue (except for their generally very long shipping delays, and one wrong CD (which they refunded)). But knowing that, in case something goes wrong, it happens at my own risk, puts me off.

I'll probably order from MM.com. Haven't shopped at PeterK's for a long time anyway, and they have everything I had in my SAE order in their database. Only four of the discs (all stuff that's been released recently) are not in stock yet, and unlike the preorder items, apparently I can't put those in my shopping cart until they're in stock. I'll just have to wait I guess.

7 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I think they might have forgotten to include a certain track.... Botanicus! 😂 

"DISC 1"!

So, you can be relieved. The error cannot have been that it included Botanicus, although Williams vetoed it.

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

MM,

After having a few weeks to think about it, I want Botanicus removed from the set. It doesn't fit. Also, scrap the Close Encounters release, let's wait until the 50th Anniversary instead. One decade for each note in the 5-note motif; how poetic!

Love,

Johnny

It'sh a fake. You can tell by MM not being called MM-baby.