Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 2017 2-CD La-la Land edition!

Jay

We've talked about Jim Titus's love for young stranger boys, Images, Heartbeeps and now MP3 vs FLAC... well I think it's time for us to receive our copy of CE3K!

10 hours ago, OneBuckFilms said:

Listening to Close Encounters.

This is such an awesome release all round.

9 hours ago, OneBuckFilms said:

Excellent, the extended main title / the vision is a great start.

Ive not listened to the whole thing yet.

might take a time to gather my thoughts.

I would love to hear more thoughts from you if you have time to share them!

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I would love to hear more thoughts from you if you have time to share them!

I've listened to CD 1 on this set, and I have to say, I love this arrangement of the score.

Not 100% sure I could pinpoint all the changes (you're far better than I at that), but it seems largely chronological, with some changes related to the first half.

The sound quality is excellent, surpassing the previous Anniversary Edition.

Since I only had that edition, it is certainly interesting to hear the End Credits isolated from the finale.

I usually prefer my C & C arrangements, but this is certainly a great listening experience, IMHO.

Kudos all around.

Yes, it is only non-chronological in the beginning.  Once Roy and Gillian Escape and starting climbing the mountain, it is all chronological through till the end

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Yes, its only non-chronological in the beginning.

It's non-chronological for half of the score.

Once Roy and Gillian Escape and starting climbing the mountain its all chronological through till the end.

And the second half is chronological but incomplete...

AN

40 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Still waiting :unsure:

Did you order right away when the Black Friday batch became availble or later like me (8 hours later seems like eternity in shipping time)?

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

My order is pending and my cart is empty.

Wow, it could a good start for a sad country song.

Lament of a JW Fan.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, Incanus said:

Hey shipping update at last! Will ship in 4-7 days. Yay?

Me too. Wow, they are slow! I was expecting this to ship on release day. I have a copy ordered for a friend for Christmas and I need to mail it out before Dec. 15. Not sure I'll even have it by then at this rate!

On 04/12/2017 at 11:39 AM, Disco Stu said:

Passed the point at which my JP Collection had shipped (very early morning 6 days after ordering).  Luck of the draw I guess.

I posted this in the Titanic thread, but I'll update off this too because I'm bowled over

Update on mine: I just clicked my order from the initial confirmation and it has a status of SHIPPED AND OUT FOR DELIVERY!  Whoa!  I never got an email from LLL saying it shipped,  no "Employee3 has sent you a package."  So I just assumed it hadn't shipped yet!

Feels like Christmas came early!

On 11/26/2017 at 12:16 PM, Brundlefly said:

I don't order them anywhere else. Now, since I'm in Canada, a friend orders them for me (but still from soundtrackcorner), so that they're already there, when I get back home. Maybe they offer free shipping worldwide this Christmas, as they did last year.

Soundtrackcorner announced today All orders over 40.00 EUR receive FREE shipping!

I got a package in the mail today, but they sent me the wrong CDs.  Instead of Close Encounters I got Apocalypse Now and The Bad Seed, neither of which I ordered. or care about even slightly.

They did at least successfully send me Die Another Day.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:28 PM, Incanus said:

Did you order right away when the Black Friday batch became availble or later like me (8 hours later seems like eternity in shipping time)?

Unfortunately the next day for me.

2 hours ago, Bryant Burnette said:

I got a package in the mail today, but they sent me the wrong CDs.  Instead of Close Encounters I got Apocalypse Now and The Bad Seed, neither of which I ordered. or care about even slightly.

They did at least successfully send me Die Another Day.

Looks like somebody else also got the wrong package too! 

That happened to me once when I ordered a handful of scores on one of their sales.  I ended up getting Greystoke and The Golden Child - and none of the stuff I had actually ordered.  LLL gladly shipped the right releases.  I planned to ship the "wrong" ones back, but LLL told me to just keep 'em at the time.

On 7-12-2017 at 11:12 PM, FrankV said:

My copy, together with Titanic, will arrive tomorrow. :)

Got it today. It was delivered at the neighbors, but they weren't home yesterday.

A little box came in my mail today. It said "Close Encounters of...". I thought I was in some sort of dream where my LLL CDs arrives in little over a week from the day it shipped, instead of the usual 45 to 50 days. Then I opened the little box, and look what was in it... 😁

20171208_160318.jpg

On 11.12.2017 at 3:08 PM, crumbs said:

Still waiting ... :(

I got up first thing in the morning to order but it seemingly hasn't helped the shipping. Would be nice to know what continent it's on!

Hey my copy has apparently languished in LA for 6 days being "processed through the facility". Damn Christmas time can slow these packages down. Oh why didn't I order the minute the release came on sale!

At least you got a tracking number to check its progress though. It wouldn't be so bad if I at least knew where it was or if it was being held up somewhere in the chain. Makes it easier to identify if there's a problem.

Unfortunately the closer we get to Christmas, the worse it gets.