THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

Pleeeaaase... a TV spot with score, a behind the scenes look, a picture of JW conducting the score, anything... 🙏🏻

I'd prefer a leaked album. 30 seconds of score is nothing. 

I hope the end titles are great. I hope saying end titles isnt a spoiler but it will absolutely have the main theme. 

1 hour ago, Jwfan2234 said:

I went to Target today and I was talking to my friend who works there and loves film music. He saw the soundtrack in the back today and is trying to sneak home a copy and put it online 

Can you shoot me a message if he does? :)

EDIT: Just saw your follow-up.

Well, I'll help you out then: since I've been here about 10 years longer than you have been, and given that before last week, I haven't posted about anything related to this movie and score for months, and given that you seemingly also can't see the difference between love and obsession because you can't see it's monumentally stupid to maybe lose a job over a soundtrack, the obvious answer is: it seems to you like I bash people loving Williams because it's in your head.

5 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Well, I'll help you out then: since I've been here about 10 years longer than you have been, and given that before last week, I haven't posted about anything related to this movie and score for months, and given that you seemingly also can't see the difference between love and obsession because you can't see it's monumentally stupid to maybe lose a job over a soundtrack, the obvious answer is: it seems to you like I bash people loving Williams because it's in your head.

Not sure why how long you've been here is relevant. It's entirely possible for you to be a jerk/troll and be here for longer than someone who isn't. And I *am* obsessed with John Williams' music. Most of us here are... Got a problem with that?

And I also never said it's not stupid to lose your job over a soundtrack. Never once said that. Of course it's stupid. (But if someone else wants to be stupid and upload a soundtrack for the rest of us to enjoy, I'm not going to argue.) All I pointed out is that it seems just about every comment you make here is jerky/critical. It's a recurring theme in your comments.

20 minutes ago, curlytoot said:

Not sure why it seems like just about every comment you make on the forums is bashing people here who love JW...

No, I agree with him. It's insane to risk your job over a movie soundtrack. 

Just now, curlytoot said:

Not sure why how long you've been here is relevant. It's entirely possible for you to be a jerk/troll and be here for longer than someone who isn't. And I *am* obsessed with John Williams' music. Most of us here are... And I also never said it's not stupid to lose your job over a soundtrack. Never once said that. All I pointed out is that it seems just about every comment you make here is jerky/critical. 

Bravo! 

1 minute ago, Demodex said:

No, I agree with him. It's insane to risk your job over a movie soundtrack. 

And if it's a joke? Don't believe everything you read. 

Well, somebody will be losing their job because I think it's likely the soundtrack will leak before Friday.  It doesn't matter to me since my plan is to see the film on Thursday and listen to the soundtrack on Friday.

It's like a stalker obsessing over a person, and saying to his victim "can't you see I only do that because I like you?"

"No, you do it because you're wierd."

5 hours ago, Demodex said:

When you exaggerate like this, it's hard to take you seriously. 

I'd say if your hottest dream is to have a new Star Wars soundtrack, you need to re-evaluate a few things.

6 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

It's like a stalker obsessing over a person, and saying to his victim "can't you see I only do that because I like you?"

"No, you do it because you're wierd."

Yeaaah I'm sure the soundtrack album will be mad that a human is listening to him, your comparison is totally justified.

Also what's wrong with weird? Being weird is awesome ! That just a fancy word to say different from the mass.

23 minutes ago, Sandor said:

And you think there aren’t like a billion people out there who have a hard time taking *you* seriously, a guy who -under the childishly ‘cool’ name ‘Demodex’- spends his weekend checking in on a fan messageboard multiple times, begging other members for a leak of a movie soundtrack? 

To ‘normal’ people -something you so desperately want to be obviously- you are just as geeky as anyone else here and completely obsessed by ‘infantile shit’ like ‘Star Wars music’. 

You’re just a minor step up or down on the ‘nerdy fanboy-ladder’.

The same goes for mcguyver.

Somehow the two have become JWFan’s own ‘geek police’, pretending to be above and beyond the other fans here and living with the idea that it is your job to point out ‘unhealthy expressions of fandom’.

Pathetic really.

d83fab6f39aa6a8d6572ba3c9d2b97bd--the-bi

What's so childish about my username?  Is it not cool because it has nothing to do with John Williams?

I'm not nearly as into film music as you guys. Yes, I'm probably considered a geek by most of society, but I don't go insane wanting 30 seconds of music you'll be able to hear in 5 days. 

Yes, I want the leaked soundtrack. I'd like to save $15 due to how much I'll be spending to see the movie. 

5 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Can you imagine risking your JOB because you can't wait 5 freaking days for a soundtrack? LOL 

I'm sure you'd share similar sentiments if they were talking about Shore's AUJ. Or the latest Middle-Earth score.

3 hours ago, Demodex said:

What's so childish about my username?  Is it not cool because it has nothing to do with John Williams?

I'm not nearly as into film music as you guys. Yes, I'm probably considered a geek by most of society, but I don't go insane wanting 30 seconds of music you'll be able to hear in 5 days. 

Why are you here then? Honestly, just curious. I haven't really seen you post outside of your snark in this thread.

Can we get back on track here. No need to argue. It never works on here, or other forums for that matter. Best to take it to private messages and work it out. 

So.... At least we got a few more tweets about the music. That was nice to see. Hopefully more will come about soon.

Just now, ocelot said:

Can we get back on track here. No need to argue. It never works on here, or other forums for that matter. Best to take it to private messages and work it out. 

So.... At least we got a few more tweets about the music. That was nice to see. Hopefully more will come about soon.

I agree, from what people have said so far, it’s looking good

I'm here so I can hear about it if the soundtrack leaks.

I've also enjoyed it when sone one has pointed out a theme I never noticed before. I also enjoy the threads that describe where certain cues or tracks appear in the movies. I prefer listening to a soundtrack when I know exactly what's onscreen when the track appears. 

Finally, I've enjoyed downloading the complete scores to AOTC, ROTS, and TFA that a member had put together. 

Happy?

3 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Yes, I want the leaked soundtrack. I'd like to save $15 due to how much I'll be spending to see the movie. 

Demodex is geeky man, which is ok.

Ok, so you don't go insane wanting 30 seconds of music you can hear in 5 days, but you do beg people to share a leak with you of music you can hear in 5 days!

So wanting to hear 30 seconds = obsessive, no life fanboy. Wanting to hear the full soundtrack = coolest dude ever. 

You'll never fool me again. You're just like us man. Cut the judging and ridiculing and let's enjoy the last days before TLJ..! ;) 

7 minutes ago, Demodex said:

I'm here so I can hear about it if the soundtrack leaks.

I've also enjoyed it when sone one has pointed out a theme I never noticed before. I also enjoy the threads that describe where certain cues or tracks appear in the movies. I prefer listening to a soundtrack when I know exactly what's onscreen when the track appears. 

Finally, I've enjoyed downloading the complete scores to AOTC, ROTS, and TFA that a member had put together. 

Happy?

Cool. So maybe in the future, just stick to those posts and ignore the ones that bore/bother you instead of trying to bring down the enthusiasm of others?

This time I won't listen to it before seeing the film (on wednesday). So if it leaks early (like tomorrow), I can't imagine how hard it'll be to prevent myself from listening to it for 2 days!! So much pain incoming..

1 hour ago, Demodex said:

Then you're a better fan than I am.

I'm paying 10 bucks a month for Spotify, so I'll probably not buy the CD, and won't watch the movie.

And tbh, I'm in this thread because it's probably way more entertaining than the movie could be.

1 hour ago, gkgyver said:

Then you're a better fan than I am.

I'm paying 10 bucks a month for Spotify, so I'll probably not buy the CD, and won't watch the movie.

And tbh, I'm in this thread because it's probably way more entertaining than the movie could be.

Hey everyone,

Please don't talk about leaks on the public forum, and its against the rules to ask for leaks.  if the score leaks, you can talk about the music.  But no posts about how / where to get it, or anything like that.  If you have nothing to say about the album right now, just go take a breather cause there's a lot of weird stuff going on in this thread.  

Thanks!

And I thought the no-spoiler no-track title thread would be the most boring of the current crop of threads! I don't mean to encourage anything naughty, but the talk about someone losing their job ...... ;)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Hey everyone,

Please don't talk about leaks on the public forum, and its against the rules to ask for leaks.  if the score leaks, you can talk about the music.  But no posts about how / where to get it, or anything like that.  If you have nothing to say about the album right now, just go take a breather cause there's a lot of weird stuff going on in this thread.  

Thanks!

Did I do anything wrong?

As far as the letter of the rules go I suppose not, but in a general sense its best to just not talk about anyone illegally leaking the biggest score of the entire year publicly.  Start a PM thread if you want to discuss what illegal activities your friend at Target is getting up to.

@curlytoot DID break the rules, though.

6 minutes ago, curlytoot said:

It's against the rules to PM about leaks?

Of course its not, there are no regulations about what happens in PMs, that would defeat the whole point of them being, well, private (mods/admins cannot even see

them).

It's against the rules to ASK for leaks in the public forums.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the rules of our forum:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20175-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/

Particularly rule #8.

6 minutes ago, curlytoot said:

I thought only public (as in, threads) sharing of leaks was not allowed?

You can't ask for leaks publicly either.  Read the rules.