THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Was the TFA OST ever released in a jewel case? Only ever saw the digipack release.

Yes, in some countries.  Not the USA, though.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25953-star-wars-the-force-awakens-jewel-case-version/

EDIT: This should be the jewel case version of TLJ:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0758KSWZK

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

In the USA?  Digipak.

In other countries?  I don't know.

The other Amazons have both versions. I think the digipack was referred to as the deluxe version.

17 minutes ago, Breadstick Basilisk said:

Does anyone know if the OST as shipped from Amazon is in a jewel case, or Digipak? Just curious.

What do you prefer?

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

EDIT: This should be the jewel case version of TLJ:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0758KSWZK

This is wrong I think. Your Amazon.co.uk link refers to this item on Amazon.com, which is supposed to be a digipack right?

In my opinion, there's no jewel case release planned for TLJ.

Look at the other thread I linked to.  The Amazon UK ASIN for their jewel case version is the same ASIN on Amazon US for our digipak version.

The key is the distributor - UMC.

Should be at midnight of the country you are connecting to spotify from.  It'll be up for sale digitally in countries where its already December 15th now, too.

For example:  Still says "Pre-order" on US iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/star-wars-the-last-jedi-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1311072698

But is up for sale on New Zealand iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/star-wars-the-last-jedi-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1311072698

Spotify then ... hmm..no, they do not pay for the musicians, iTunes..hmm nope

I will try Amazon, I really need this since I have arranged the Last Jedi listening party on Saturday for me and myself. I will bring the beer and the other wine. Great party.

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

You should be able to walk into a store in your country on Friday and picked up a physical CD, right?

The funny thing is that it isn't that easy. There is not so many (if none) stores who sell soundtracks in my city. And I already paid for that they couldn't deliver...

Since this is a completely spoiler free thread, I'll respond in a spoiler block, but my response is only about music and not film spoilers

There really isn't much new music - just Rose's Theme and a theme for Luke.  They're both in the only concert arrangement on the CD, which is 4 minutes long.  Here it is!

Amazon has decided to be a dear and delay my order. So I have no idea when I'll be getting it.

I have the high suspicion that the company I work for (the UK equivalent of Wal-Mart, or should I say "subsidiary") will be stocking it so I'm highly tempted to just cancel the Amazon order and buy it from there.

4 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Amazon has decided to be a dear and delay my order. So I have no idea when I'll be getting it.

I have the high suspicion that the company I work for (the UK equivalent of Wal-Mart, or should I say "subsidiary") will be stocking it so I'm highly tempted to just cancel the Amazon order and buy it from there.

Just listen to it on Spotify while waiting!

I will wait my Amazon order, but it's clear I will not receive my copy until sunday or monday.  I will start to listen it on Spotify, just right after watching the movie saturday!

I've decided that. The movie first, the score after.

Now for the hard part..getting those discs lodged out of TITANIC without damaging 'em!

Unfortunately my 6 cd title package will come next month (pending from SAE bec they are awaIting CE3K)

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Was it bundled with Close Encounters, like a collectors edition bonus or something? I'll stick to my fold out dinosaurs, thanks. 

Yeah, the duvet cover was included with the Target Deluxe Digipak.

2 minutes ago, Quintus said:

To be fair that's pretty good if it's to your taste. I got a fluffy "stonewash" effect toilet seat cover with my special collectors edition of The Eiger Sanction, but I gave it to my mum. 

Earthquake would be more fitting for your toilet. :D

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

You CG'd the bedsheet to make yourself look better! Now you're George Lucas!

I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

At least he went for the proper jewel case edition of TLJ.

I actually had no choice! I wanted the digipak version but it doesn't release in Australia until next Friday! So I just got the "normal" version today. First obvious question: where the fuck are Rian's liner notes?!