Sign in to follow this  
Andreas

Invisionboard update complete -> 4.2.3

Hello,

I update the messageboard to the latest version: 4.2.3 (old version: 4.1.19.4).

This is a major update.

Changelog informations: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community-42-r1030/

The default theme change, reset some colors to default.  Sorry.

Upload a smaller version of the "messageboard logo" (John Williams FAN Network - JWFAN.COM)
The system working on some background processes (Reindexing posts ...) need some time to complete,
this is a automatic task.

I don't think the new version fix this problem (Postet from Evil-Lyn)

wtf.jpg

And sorry I can not test: "Delete a quote box from mobile" But please descripte the exact problem
and I will open a support ticket. When you find a new bug or other problems (also old bugs/problems)
please post in the topic.

We pay for the support I hope they (Invisionpower)  can help us.

Andreas (Admin)

I like it a bit better than the previous version.

Looks like a cross between the older version of the forum we had for quite some time (which I loved) and the newer one (which I didn't like at all). Fine by me!

The "Like" button and its options are weird as fuck, though.

Wow. This is quite the change to wake up to. Looks pretty sleek! 

LOL at the reputation button now reading "____ reacted to this," though. :lol:

I'm also not sure I like the ability to give negative reactions to people's posts. Hopefully it's not over-used. 

Trying to help illustrate your point.

I didn't get these weird things when FB added them, I don't get them now.

We going hip and cool by trying to cash in on the international success and universal acclaim of the Emoji Movie?

Looks pretty good, by the way, contrast/separation could be a bit better, but it won't take much getting used to.

15 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Nah, it's fine as it is! Better than the previous version!

Not to me!  It's worse!  I like some things about it better.  The bar between posts just needs a darker color.  Something to make that border between posts more clear.

9 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Just change the theme to JWFAN.com_Backup. Then you'll have a dark blue bar between posts!

The backup template has another problems.
But I think my other admin tweak the colors in the near future.

Sorry in all major invisionboard versions they are some "layout/template changes"

Andreas

7 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Love the cleaner look of the forum now. But the devil is in the details, so fingers crossed some longstanding issues have been fixed.

Thanks Andreas.

Was full sure you'd hate it!

I think it's grand. After a week or so I won't even be able to remember what the old version looked like anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm on the computer view now and holy crap, there' s a LOT of white here!  I'll work on colors and see if I can turn off this stupid "reaction" system and go back to likes only.

See! My words weren't even cold yet and already Jay is talking about change ...

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm on the computer view now and holy crap, there' s a LOT of white here!  I'll work on colors and see if I can turn off this stupid "reaction" system and go back to likes only.

14 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Yay!  I'm just glad someone agrees it's a little too monochromatic on the PC view.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. There doesn't seem to be more or less white than there used to be. Maybe it's the light grey that puts you off? I maintain it looks fine. You guys are just haters hating for the sake of hating.

1 minute ago, bollemanneke said:

Don't really like this new lay-out but I'll get used to it.

What don't you like about it?

LeBlanc changed something. It wasn't like that before. I'm sure he's just toying with the options at the moment to see what can be changed, and he'll bring the main page back to normal in a minute. Right? RIGHT?

There's lots of options and yea, I'm fiddling with them all right now!

Looks like there's an options where all the views will actually fluidly go as wide as your current window width is

The only thing I don't really like about it is the fact that usernames in threads are no longer 'headings'. That made it easy to go to the next post in a thread, I just had to press 'h', now I've got to use the arrow keys which is a tad slower. Oh well.

It was okay when I first went on this morning. Now, it's an unusable mess. The main page is a disaster and the forum is now entirely white and annoying to look at.

Is there anything that can be done about the massive waste of real estate at the top half of my welco screen?

Screenshot_20170903-143025.jpeg

Even shrinking the font size of the thread titles would help, they're overly large don't you think? Font size is fine inside the threads themselves though.

Looks modern. Compact. Go with it. 

Actually it's better because the old editor window was too tall on mobile. You'd need to slide up and down for different options, leading to accidental underlining and stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wait a minute... it looks like all the Likes from before the update are gone forever?  WTF?

No, I think they're still there, e.g. the first post here:

I can turn the Reaction system back on, or just use some of them, etc.  Here are the current options it gives me:

Reactions.JPG

Basically I can add infinite reactions, choose my own image for each one, and for each one choose if its is +1, neutral, or -1

What do people think?

Maybe I should do a poll?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Basically I can add infinite reactions, choose my own image for each one, and for each one choose if its is +1, neutral, or -1

You mean you can use Stef's tiny face watching us poop as a reaction? That could be EPIC. 

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Add "Haha" back.  Also add a custom one for "Yub Nub."

And a Michaelangelo for Cowabunga!