Sign in to follow this  
Andreas

Invisionboard update complete -> 4.2.3

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Yeah, some touches of JWFAN blue in the post framing wouldn't go amiss, if only because it helps with fast skim reading distinction.

What specific area of the screen do you mean?

The scissors for deletion are still a workaround though when you think about it. Because it's intended as a clipping, but the paste function doesn't work for me. So I wonder what the actual proper deletion method is supposed to actually be.

Are all the people complaining about "too much white" browsing the forum on their phone? Because I'm on a computer, and I have zero problem distinguishing the posts from each other, so maybe it's a problem limited to the mobile version?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

What specific area of the screen do you mean?

What if the light grey background behind our names was a shade of blue instead? I'm probably wrong, but I just seem to recall there used to be more subtle blue colouring in threads.

4 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

I'm not finding it faster on my PC. It's slow and buggy, freezing as I type messages.

Have you tried turning of off and back on again?

2 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The scissors for deletion are still a workaround though when you think about it. Because it's intended as a clipping, but the paste function doesn't work for me. So I wonder what the actual proper deletion method is supposed to actually be.

Yup, definitely,  After clicking the crosshairs, we should be able to use the keyboard's delete button to delete.  But it just doesn't do anything.  Supposedly it works on iOS, but I don't have an iOS device to test myself

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Are all the people complaining about "too much white" browsing the forum on their phone? Because I'm on a computer, and I have zero problem distinguishing the posts from each other, so maybe it's a problem limited to the mobile version?

There was too much white before I starting playing with things, but I think it looks fine now on both desktop and mobile *shrug*

2 minutes ago, Quintus said:

What if the light grey background behind our names was a shade of blue instead? I'm probably wrong, but I just seem to recall there used to be more subtle blue colouring in threads.

I think the left side of the post that shows our names has to be the same color as the post content and signture.  I'l fiddle with it though

EDIT: Oh that's nice: When I quote a post now, and then quote a nother in a new message and it auto-appends it to my previous, it actually provides a space between the end of my first post and the quote that begins the second :up:

I've been wondering for a while, but now seems like the right time to ask... is there any way to jump directly to the latest post in a thread I haven't seen? From the main page there are only options for opening the first post, going to the top of a page, and going to the latest post. All of which include a lot of scrolling looking for that damned fine blue line if I want to catch up on everything.

Just now, Holko said:

I've been wondering for a while, but now seems like the right time to ask... is there any way to jump directly to the latest post in a thread I haven't seen? From the main page there are only options for opening the first post, going to the top of a page, and going to the latest post. All of which include a lot of scrolling looking for that damned fine blue line if I want to catch up on everything.

Yes there is; You simply click the star/circle icon to the left of the thread title.

An even easier method is to click the "Unread Content"  button at the top of the screen (and bookmark that as your main bookmark for this site).  That is a view which only shows you threads that have unread posts, sorted by newest first.  If you click anywhere on a thread title in that view, it brings you to the first post in the thread that you haven't read (ie the blue line).  Easier than trying to click the little star icon, but missing, and ending up on post #1 instead of the first unread post.

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

An even easier method is to click the "Unread Content"  button at the top of the screen (and bookmark that as your main bookmark for this site).  That is a view which only shows you threads that have unread posts, sorted by newest first.  If you click anywhere on a thread title in that view, it brings you to the first post in the thread that you haven't read (ie the blue line).  Easier than trying to click the little star icon, but missing, and ending up on post #1 instead of the first unread post.

Careful, though: if you use the "Unread Content" button, you may accidentally read spoilers on a film/TV show/etc., since every new post is listed, even the ones in the threads where spoilers are allowed (and thus, where people don't use spoiler tags).

Just sayin', because that almost happened to me once, after I inadvertently clicked on that button

18 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Careful, though: if you use the "Unread Content" button, you may accidentally read spoilers on a film/TV show/etc., since every new post is listed, even the ones in the threads where spoilers are allowed (and thus, where people don't use spoiler tags).

Just sayin', because that almost happened to me once, after I inadvertently clicked on that button

That's not true!  You simply have to click "Collapsed" instead of "Expanded", and you only see thread titles, no post content.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Oh wow, there's an acronym setting, where I can put in acronyms and when people type them it will auto-expand to full names.  I wonder if we should do that for some stuff?

Make one that replaces "SW" with "Software"! And another one that replaces "POA" with "Planet of the Apes".

46 minutes ago, Jay said:

There was too much white before I starting playing with things, but I think it looks fine now on both desktop and mobile *shrug*

Yes, it was lacking contrast between the posts (that's "modern", but sucks regardless). It's much better now.

17 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Not a very good theme...

It's lame, and drags even more than usual in that recording. We used to have a better one, but the Germans are using that now.

9 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

We're closer!

5colorcmykwy.svg

8 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

We used to have a better one, but the Germans are using that now.

Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser!

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's not true!  You simply have to click "Collapsed" instead of "Expanded", and you only see thread titles, no post content.

Did you try this, @BloodBoal?

46 minutes ago, Jay said:

I changed it, but I thought I changed it back?

It was a bit confusing because there was 3 different font options

I liked the first one, when the update was just completed. It's too bold and big now.

Overall I'm a fan of the new site. My one preexisting gripe is the wasted space when I open my bookmark.

image_1504464588.jpg

It'd be cool if in mobile view my 'New Content' homepage looked more like this mock-up:

Z3b4Mtg.png

Much more actual useful info on the screen, like my Reddit condensed view.

Looks fine to me.  I haven't minded any of the fonts I've seen today.

Also, I'm noticing the site takes longer to load the first new post when I click the star/circle symbol.  It keeps spending a couple of seconds at the top of the page before it jumps down.  Didn't used to do that.  I don't personally like having the 'Unread Content' as my default page.  I prefer to navigate the boards/threads manually.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I obviously didn't know that.

Not that I care much. I don't use the "Unread Content" button.

7 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

BloodBoal's posts take up the entire screen. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Blame it on the new big ass quotes!

13 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

BloodBoal's posts take up the entire screen. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Untitled.jpg

You can click that X on the top right of his signature block, and it will go away for you forever

And did you include that second tab for us all to see on purpose?

3 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Yes, it was lacking contrast between the posts (that's "modern", but sucks regardless). It's much better now.

Actually, the thread list could still use a little contrast. And a smaller font.

I figured out a fix for viewing the forum main page in its entirety in Firefox. I removed the menu bar and zoomed out until you see everything from "Welcome!" to "Other Topics", since nothing after that matters. Unfortunately, now browsing is a pain in the ass because I can't access my favorites or history. I also need to wear glasses to read the text. Should we really have to go through this because of a large blank space informing us of birthdays and reminding us we're on "Forums"?

Untitled.jpg

yBauhlM.gif