Sign in to follow this  
Andreas

Invisionboard update complete -> 4.2.3

26 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

How do you ignore a user from the mobile view?  Honestly want to know please.  In desktop you hover over the name.

I'm guessing you click their name to get to their profile, and then there's an option there? I have different options as a mod so can't see

27 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I never have my browser take up the whole wide screen anyway.  I keep it square-ish always.

Right. Either a web page is width limited anyway and just has empty space on the sides, or the text fills up the entire width and the lines become too long to read. It's like a bad type setter making book pages too wide.

Of course, it took most desktops years to offer a convenient way to maximise a window's height without changing its width. (Actually, I don't know if macOS can do it yet - whenever I see people using it, they have frustratingly non-maximised windows with unused space on all sides).

I go in and out with a few depending on how pissy or petty I'm feeling.  No one should take it personally.  It says more about me than them and *insert additional non-confrontational waffling here*

The font of the thread titled still look oddly wrong. It's like they come from somewhere else and don't belong to the original design of the new board template. Too bad, because for a short moment we were the most elegant, best looking message board on the internet. Then Jay woke up ....

This is the best update to the board I remember. Do we need a new banner? I'm excited enough about the new look and the awesome speed I'm willing to put some effort into this place again!

20 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I tried FSM, don't care for it. They use big words like Klangfarbenmelodie.

I like the simple folk here.

I don't believe anyone there knows what the word means, or at least how to use it without sounding like a pretentious shit. 

2 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

Something along these lines...

logo.jpg

It's a bit past its sell by date but fuck it, it's the right height, and it gets the job done.

The board font is horrible btw. Did we already mention that?

On 9/3/2017 at 11:35 PM, Disco Stu said:

How do you ignore a user from the mobile view?  

How do pick up the threads of an old forum? How do you go on, when in your heart you know, there is no going back.

Some upgrades go too deep, and take hold.