2 hours ago, Bajak said:

Yes, but do they discount their already released titles?

I don't think there any exceptional sale prices, no. It's just a day they announce some of their biggest titles of the year. "Blowout" would be a hyperbolic way to describe it.

Welcome in the world of Expanded editions!

As far as I'm concerned, all the LLL JW's releases that are still in print are worth the price.

The only thing that is frustrating is, like me, you seem to have started your collection too late... as many Expanded releases became sold out!

Now, I have learned.... I buy each expanded releases when they are just released... so my advice is: start with the more recent releases... and dig for older ones after.

I don't know if you know my website... you can search for the term "la-la land" in the albums page and quickly browse into all the JW releases: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

I never looked for Hook, as it seems not to reach the modern standards of Expanded Editions, as we know them today.

A definitive edition is still yet to be released.

Look for the A.I. set too, that's a must-have.

Yes, whatever you do, don't waste your money on Hook!

Regarding Black Friday, does Intrada have a similar event?

Also, this might be a little off-topic, but as we're talking about it anyway... If LLL announces something I want on Black Friday, can I order that same day? Or does the actual ordering process start later? And do I have to be really quick?

On 10/29/2017 at 6:42 AM, bollemanneke said:

Regarding Black Friday, does Intrada have a similar event?

No

Also, this might be a little off-topic, but as we're talking about it anyway... If LLL announces something I want on Black Friday, can I order that same day? Or does the actual ordering process start later? And do I have to be really quick?

They get announced on Black Friday (Friday, November 24th) usually at 12:00 AM PST

They go up for sale Tuesday, November 28th, at 12:00 PM PST.

And no label has had a new release sell out quickly for years now.

On 2017-10-28 at 10:29 PM, Bespin said:

I never looked for Hook

Do you not own Hook?

I have to say - in my view - waiting for an expansion to be released, so the complete score is your first impression of it, is not the best way to get to know a score.

Rather then, to buy the OST, to get to know the score intimately, to hear and get to know score, to live with it and let it become part of your life. Once the expansion comes a long, it’ll mean so much more. Buying an OST isn’t wasted money, it’s an investment.

3 hours ago, rough cut said:

Do you not own Hook?

I have to say - in my view - waiting for an expansion to be released, so the complete score is your first impression of it, is not the best way to get to know a score.

Rather then, to buy the OST, to get to know the score intimately, to hear and get to know score, to live with it and let it become part of your life. Once the expansion comes a long, it’ll mean so much more. Buying an OST isn’t wasted money, it’s an investment.

I own the OST CD and an... evaluation copy of the expanded set... ;)  which I never listen to, honestly. I always listen to the OST, and yes I know it is far from being satisfactory!

One day, a new set will be released... I'll be there!

Good to hear everybody proclaim their love for Hook, OST or not, but no surprises there really. :)

However my point wasn’t about Hook per se. There seemed to be consensus on the point that it’d better to hold out for an expanded edition, rather than opening your wallet and buy an OST, because then you’d be buying a “lesser” album since an expansion might drop any time and then your money will have been “wasted”.

I don’t agree with that kind of reasoning.

18 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I remember Inchon selling out within a few days. But I guess they only did 1000 or so.

Yeah these days that seems rare.

Papillon

10 hours ago, rough cut said:

However my point wasn’t about Hook per se. There seemed to be consensus on the point that it’d better to hold out for an expanded edition, rather than opening your wallet and buy an OST, because then you’d be buying a “lesser” album since an expansion might drop any time and then your money will have been “wasted”.

I don’t agree with that kind of reasoning.

That depends from the individual cases.

Yeah sure, it depends from case to case and from person to person! But! My advice, is that if you love a score, don’t waste time waiting for an “ultimate” release.

If there’s only an OST, get the OST.

If you love the Hook OST, get the current LLL expansion. It might not be perfect but there’s some lovely music on there that you’re missing out on while waiting for an update.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Yeah sure, it depends from case to case and from person to person! But! My advice, is that if you love a score, don’t waste time waiting for an “ultimate” release.

If there’s only an OST, get the OST.

If you love the Hook OST, get the current LLL expansion. It might not be perfect but there’s some lovely music on there that you’re missing out on while waiting for an update.

True!

However, there are two scores, so badly represented on the OST that I don't even listen to them although I own them. In this case it makes no difference.:lol::unsure: