Williams cameo in Napster Wikipedia entry

Gruesome Son of a Bitch

25 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napster

Napster_running_on_an_original_iBook_(2001-03-11).png

Does it make you feel a little nostalgic? Also, are we all fans of Paul Simon and The Turtles?

Yes and yes.

I definitely downloaded Duel of the Fates on Napster.  But I distinctly remember the first song I ever downloaded was "Crazy Train" by Ozzy :) 

The first mp3 I ever downloaded was Men In Black by Will Smith. I was a freshman in college and it was from a website, before Napster existed.

Napster was great when I first installed it in 2000 because it enabled access to so much music that was unavailable in local stores. Our music shops in the outer burbs of Sydney, although better than today, had an extremely limited range of soundtracks available, so naturally I looked past all that adult-world legality bullshit and dived on Napster and later WinMX to explore content I'd never heard on its own before.

13 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I turned 30 today and Will was born after Napster was even a thing anymore.  I can feel the cold hand of Time beginning to tighten her grip round my throat.....

Same here. 31, remembering the days of waiting 6 hours for the two-minute Titanic trailer to load, downloading Duel of the Fates only to discover that some jag-off mislabeled Carmina Burana, and punching a wall because my dial-up disconnected me seconds before I could snipe a last minute bid on the Thunderball Special Edition Laserdisc.  Sweet Jesus, I even bought a 35mm trailer and a frame magnifier because I couldn't wait the extra few weeks it would take to show up on Quicktimes.  Life may be smoother and faster now, but the drama was real.  Will will never know, will he?   ;)