Sign in to follow this  
king mark

Didn't realize it was so easy to get screwed over on ebay

Won an action figure at the minimum reserved price  since I'm the only one that bid but still a lot more expensive than what it used to be at retail.

Before I pay , the seller sends a message saying he noticed a tear in the clothing while packing it and asks me if I want to cancel the auction. I ask that  he sends me a picture of the damage but he doesn't.  Next day he just cancels the auction unilaterally and the item doesn't even show up in my ebay anymore .I don't even have a say whether that happens or not.

I hadn't paid yet so nothing gained and nothing lost, but it shows that even if you win an auction the seller can still decide whether he wants to sell you the item or not and you have no say about it .You can't even leave negative feedback because the item is gone and there's no more option to, so they can maintain a 100% positive rating after pulling that stunt.

Of course I'm sure it wasn't damaged, he just didn't get the amount he wanted in the auction.

no but I didn't  know sellers can cancel an  auction you won if they feel like it\

And I was really hyped about winning the item too so it's a real letdown

Lets say someone here won  the rare BFG FYC for 50 $ then the seller doesn't let him pay or complete the auction, then relists it and someone else buy it for 400$ . The whole MB would be let down

1 hour ago, king mark said:

no but I didn't  know sellers can cancel an  auction you won if they feel like it\

Lets say someone here won  the rare BFG FYC for 50 $ then the seller doesn't let him pay or complete the auction, then relists it and someone else buy it for 400$ . The whole MB would be let down

Not me because I don't want to hear The BFG so I would just chuckle. 

12 hours ago, king mark said:

It hurts your rating as a seller, I believe, but it also works both ways. If you win a bid you don’t have to pay for the item. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Did you change your avatar to a different Darth Vader picture?

it's a slightly different version, i thought the old one looked blurry

Is it too disturbing that I changed the picture?

6 hours ago, king mark said:

it's a slightly different version, i thought the old one looked blurry

Is it too disturbing that I changed the picture?

I dunno...after all these years

You normally don't have the right to withdraw the auction after it's finished with a disappointing result. I got the Jaws 2 OST from ebay for 14,27€ and the seller couldn't prevent that. It was just bad luck for him!

Just report this scam to ebay.