TheGreyPilgrim

Would you like me to leave JWFan?

Would you like me to leave JWFan?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I remain at JWfan, or leave?

Don't make me beg TGP! Don't you make me beg!

Isn't this a bit of a Stefan thing to do? A thread and a poll.

I usually get a kick out of your user takedowns, especially when it involves you cutting through a heaping quantity of BS, though I'm sure they're a bit taxing to have to do on a continuous basis. I would advise remaining at JWFan, or to at least consider staying on in an advisory capacity.  

I think @Stefancos lives solely to troll JWFan every waking moment :D

Trolling aside, I don't want him or TGP to leave, the only person I've felt that way about was Sky338 or whatever his name was! 

Yes...but only if you want to, otherwise, no.

I must confess to being a little puzzled by someone effectively asking permission to leave an organisation. If you want to go, just go.

Perhaps a short absence might do you some good, otherwise stay.

It's no secret that TGP and myself have had some run-ins, in the past, and that we have said unkind things about each other, but I would NEVER wish to exclude someone simply because they disagree with my opinion. When I last looked, JWfan had not become a police state...

The right to disagree is, IMO, among the most fundamental rights that a person can have. It challenges us, and makes us think of how we can be persuaded to approach a subject from another viewpoint. From that, we, hopefully, gain an understanding into other people's minds and hearts.

What I will say, is that I wish that there was a little less vernacular, on the site. Several people (myself included), have been not just rude, but downright nasty. I'm no stranger to swearing, and, sometimes, there is humour in it, but it is, often, taken too far. My wish would be that we pull back from the edge, and think, before we post, if what we want to say could be expressed differently.

So...should TGP go? That's up to TGP. If he goes, we wish him well. If he stays, then his opinion is welcome at JWfan. 

(looks meaningfully at computer screen) It's up to you...

I honestly hadn't even noticed there had been words of any sort between Richard and Pilgrim, until their recent profile spat got posted all over my 'new content' screen the other week. 

2 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

It's simple.  I'm a little burned out by this anyway, and it seems like some of you, mostly newer and less acclimated posters, think I'm just oh so mean.

I'm burned out too, hence why I'm posting less and not browsing as much as I can do. Maybe it'll pass. 

12 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Do people just hate TGP because he likes Hams Zemma?

Yes!

55 minutes ago, Richard said:

I must confess to being a little puzzled by someone effectively asking permission to leave an organisation. If you want to go, just go.

Not permission, but looking to gauge the climate, since there seems to be a lot of anti Pilgrim sentiment in the air lately.  If I'm truly not wanted, or if I mar the community, I'll not trouble anyone by staying, all the more because of my own growing disinterest.

5192 members, and only 11 remain votes.  Guess I'll pack my bags.

2 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I assume this thread is just TGP being ironic. 

Yeah, the same thing occured to me. As I have trouble deciphering the humour in this place, I thought it was a joke post. But it wasn't?

I have no idea how the serious this thread might actually be, so I'll just be naive and say that I ejoy Pilgrim's posts very much and I think this place would be poorer without him

We shouldn't treat this like Frodo leaving alone to carry the ring... One can come and go. It's true that message boards are more fun with constant activity and actually recognizing posters and their stuff, but people get bored or sick or busy or angry or distracted or whatever every now and then. Which is why the dramatic posts about coming or leaving are kind of funny

Also social media can be a bit addictive...

57 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Yes!

Not permission, but looking to gauge the climate, since there seems to be a lot of anti Pilgrim sentiment in the air lately.  If I'm truly not wanted, or if I mar the community, I'll not trouble anyone by staying, all the more because of my own growing disinterest.

5192 members, and only 11 remain votes.  Guess I'll pack my bags.

Geez, dude, pull yourself together, and fucking stay!!!!!!

If there is "a lot of anti Pilgrim sentiment", a good question would be to ask yourself "why?".

What can you do to turn that frown upside-down?

6 hours ago, Incanus said:

Don't make me beg TGP! Don't you make me beg!

Isn't this a bit of a Stefan thing to do? A thread and a poll.

Explain this please?

When I will leave JWfan I will just leave. Not act like an attention whore asking other people if i should remain.

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

I honestly hadn't even noticed there had been words of any sort between Richard and Pilgrim, until their recent profile spat got posted all over my 'new content' screen the other week. 

I'm burned out too, hence why I'm posting less and not browsing as much as I can do. Maybe it'll pass. 

It won’t pass. I felt burned out three years ago, and I can’t be bothered anymore.

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Explain this please?

When I will leave JWfan I will just leave. Not act like an attention whore asking other people if i should remain.

If I remember correctly you left once before with a lot of sturm und drang. That is all.

7 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I believe you are referring to this:

Sorry, I meant this:

These are just his annual rehearsals; I'm sure when Stefan finally does decide to step down from public life, it'll be enacted in the quiet and dignified way we have come to expect from him. 

I'm was never inclined to think of you as rude because your screen name here is that of a kindly, wisened old man.

But then you changed your avatar and now I just think of Icanus that way.

50 minutes ago, Blumenkohl said:

It won’t pass. I felt burned out three years ago, and I can’t be bothered anymore.

There's only so many times we can discuss the exact same things over and over again, right? 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Explain this please?

Well that'll be a first. BB found the posts I didn't have time to search for. 

8 hours ago, Quintus said:

I'm in the same boat myself, to be honest. Just occasionally popping into some threads at this point. But I'm sure it'll pass. Sometimes you just need to take it easy.

9 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

I notice that KK, pub, and BloodBoal have commented, but have not voted.

You should know my answer already!

I always knew neither of you would last!

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

These are just his annual rehearsals; I'm sure when Stefan finally does decide to step down from public life, it'll be enacted in the quiet and dignified way we have come to expect from him. 

I left once for an entire month and no one took notice.