Danny Elfman: The Messiah, The Savior!

I think he's had some work done on his hairline. I seem to recall that at one point it was seriously thinning and receded, but then it was suddenly regrown, albeit with the appearance of a realistic matured hairline.

His voice is so much deeper these days, like Frank Oz.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I think he's had some work done on his hairline. I seem to recall that at one point it was seriously thinning and receded, but then it was suddenly regrown, albeit with the appearance of a realistic matured hairline.

His voice is so much deeper these days, like Frank Oz.

I thought the same days ago. Like Zimmer and Brian Tyler applying botox here and there.  

As for the voice, it seems to have weakened a bit. But it is normal with aging.

About two years I worried about his weight. He was so thin (Burton too). I thought he was sick. But he is recovering.

1 hour ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Isn't he nearly deaf now?

Since the days of the Oingo Boingo. At least it was the justification he gave to finalize the band's activities.

26 minutes ago, James said:

As for the voice, it seems to have weakened a bit. But it is normal with aging.

I know it's unrelated, but I've noticed a similar change in James Rolfe (AVGN). Only a few years ago, his voice maintained a lively aggression and ferocity in his game and movie reviews that made him fun to listen to. But in the last couple of years, his voice seems to have weakened noticeably, which is a bit alarming as he's only in his late-30s, and I suspect some life issues like losing his hair, health problems with his daughter, possible friction in his marriage, the critical and financial failure of his movie, and his struggle to jumpstart a professional filmmaking career have taken their toll on him in a highly visible way. He's even lost a lot of weight too. He's almost like a sad, broken shadow of his old self from the height of his AVGN glory days.

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

That's because he made a pact with the Devil: he sold his soul to get his hair back.

Elfman is better than ever, but mostly for indies and documentaries and such -- where he can nurture rock/pop sensibilities, electronica, experimental music or minimalism. The big action blockbusters are very rarely interesting these days. Let's see how JUSTICE LEAGE turns out.

Even if I missed my sit-down interview with him in Vienna last week, at least I got a couple of minutes on the red carpet. Also brief interview bits with Sandra Tomek, Robert Townson and John Mauceri. I'll assemble it all in a new Celluloid Tunes episode soon (probably next week). Here's a photo of my red carpet interview that I also put out on Facebook:

elfmanvienna.jpg

I enjoyed Alice Through the Looking Glass quite a bit actually.  It's not a masterwork, but there's more than a few cues I return to.

This year's The Circle is fun in a "Whoa where did that come from?!" kind of way, but hardly something I want to listen to often.