BloodBoal

45 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Why are we talking about this when the real debate is Shampoo vs. Conditioner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXQMoyhPNJA

Anyone who uses conditioner but not shampoo is gonna have some nasty greasy ass hair.... :D 

5 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Apples are better to eat but oranges have valuable vitamin C (or vitamin D.  Can't remember which).  

Apples have vitamin C too, though less than oranges. Neither have vitamin D.

I prefer oranges, I'm allergic to apples.

Plus with oranges any variety is good while with apples some varieties are amazing and some are terrible

Raw apples make me feel ill, yet as far as I am concerned there is nothing better than a piece of steaming hot Bramley apple pie. 

Oranges, on the other hand, though they taste better than apples in general, explode all over your chin when you bite into a piece, leaving you with sticky hands. The only ones that don't cause a mess are Terry's Chocolate Oranges. Or I just have a tangerine, which is even better.

Apple juice gives me the same problem as raw apples, but I like orange juice a lot, especially when it's freshly squeezed.

Oranges it is.

17 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You drink cider!

If they are cook/processed its fine.  IE a raw apple will make me sick but apple juice, apple cider, apple pie, apple strudel, apple crisp, etc are fine (and amazing)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

If they are cook/processed its fine.  IE a raw apple will make me sick but apple juice, apple cider, apple pie, apple strudel, apple crisp, etc are fine (and amazing)

So you quite literally are a Snow White then. ;)

Karol

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I eat an apple every day.  Has it kept the doctor away?  Hard to say.

Throwing an apple to your doctor can have the same effect.

Is ambrosia (the fruit salad) a thing outside of the South?  I grew up having it with every major family gathering, church picnics, etc.

Oranges, pineapple, coconut, marshmallows, and whipped cream!

Does anyone remember years ago when there were all these polls being posted and someone posted something like a Top 5 Polls thread? It was one of the funniest things I ever saw. I miss laughing.

*swig*

Yes, any fruit where the skin is also edible automatically wins.

I love kiwi, but I don't feel like peeling it every time I want one.  Easier to just eat an apple or a plum.

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Is ambrosia (the fruit salad) a thing outside of the South?  I grew up having it with every major family gathering, church picnics, etc.

Oranges, pineapple, coconut, marshmallows, and whipped cream!

It exists here in PA, just a few hairs above the Mason Dixon line.  My mom's recipe called it "Lover's Delight" instead of ambrosia.

I've also heard tale of ambrosia salad which features mayonnaise instead of whipped cream.  These are the things nightmares are made of.

7 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Grapefruits.

Good point.  Grapes ARE fruits!

4 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I've also heard tale of ambrosia salad which features mayonnaise instead of whipped cream.  These are the things nightmares are made of.

I love fruit salad made with mayonnaise.  Waldorf salads are fantastic!  Definitely a favorite recipe for apples.

Chicken salad, potato salad, fruit salad, I love all of these mayonnaise based dishes!  Yummy.

And of course turkey salad made on Black Friday with left over Thanksgiving turkey is one of life's greatest pleasures.

I haven't eaten meat in years, and prior to that I was never a fan of mayo-based salads.  Don't eat egg salad either.  Prefer my sandwiches dry, or with mustard or relish.  I think the only thing I've eaten mayonnaise in within the past 20 years were deviled eggs, which I find super gross, but eat because they're typically the only substantive non-meaty thing at picnics/parties.  Otherwise, it's chips, pretzels, and dessert.

39 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

And of course turkey sandwhiches made on St Stephen’s Day with left over Christmas turkey is one of life's greatest pleasures.

I agree with Disco Stu!

34 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I haven't eaten meat in years

You disgust me.