Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch's Blade Runner 2049

antovolk

Because Harrison Ford is bringing back his most famous roles one at a time just so he can symbolically kill off each character.

Next, Deckard!  After that, Indy!  Watch out Richard Kimble!  You're on borrowed time!

52 minutes ago, antovolk said:

OST now available to pre-order, digital release out Oct 6, will have 2CD edition. https://bladerunner2049.shop.musictoday.com/

And yet we still don't have the complete score for the first film...

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

The Limited Edition is probably already sold out. 

So I’m afraid this is the case. I went to the site and ordered 2 copies, not having realized that the site bait and switches you. It lets you add the deluxe edition to your cart but fails to tell its sold out and just puts the standard edition in its place. And THEN say all preorders are final with no cancellations or refunds. 

The two items are the same price with the same stock photo to make matters more confusing. 

Highway robbery. 

On 9/28/2017 at 7:34 AM, Koray Savas said:

So I’m afraid this is the case. I went to the site and ordered 2 copies, not having realized that the site bait and switches you. It lets you add the deluxe edition to your cart but fails to tell its sold out and just puts the standard edition in its place. And THEN say all preorders are final with no cancellations or refunds. 

The two items are the same price with the same stock photo to make matters more confusing. 

Highway robbery. 

1st time poster here, I just got off the phone from PayPal after filing a dispute as "Item not received" after reading your post

It disturbs me that I have indeed been duped into thinking that I had purchased the limited 2 disk edition, only to have an email today confirm that they indeed had switched me to the Y4CDBR01 version

The reason of filing the "not received" was PayPal's way to get the sellers attention. Given I had to explain to the PayPal Customer service agent, she assured me that if the seller did not respond by 13th October, I would get a full refund

I have also sent 2 emails to the website which to me seems poorly put together with no real information on who they are

PP also assured me that if they saw more complaints regarding the bait and switch activity, they could suspend the sellers PP payments

I never purchased the single disk edition, given the purchase has NOT been fulfilled, this is also something PP frown upon. I was notified in my PP account yesterday monies would only be taken once item was shipped, shipping is supposed to commence 20th Oct, why has my money been taken for something I never even ordered?

Sorry to put a downer on the chat guys but I am really peed off here, hopefully others will follow suite and this company cannot treat us like sheep, expecting us to abide by their " The nature of pre-order sales prohibits order modifications and cancellations. All pre-order sales are final. " bs. PP confirmed irrespective of their wording, I would indeed get a full refund

Hope this helps others, bit of a bummer, but still looking forwards to the film/OST

51 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

1st time poster here, I just got off the phone from PayPal after filing a dispute as "Item not received" after reading your post

It disturbs me that I have indeed been duped into thinking that I had purchased the limited 2 disk edition, only to have an email today confirm that they indeed had switched me to the Y4CDBR01 version

The reason of filing the "not received" was PayPal's way to get the sellers attention. Given I had to explain to the PayPal Customer service agent, she assured me that if the seller did not respond by 13th October, I would get a full refund

I have also sent 2 emails to the website which to me seems poorly put together with no real information on who they are

PP also assured me that if they saw more complaints regarding the bait and switch activity, they could suspend the sellers PP payments

I never purchased the single disk edition, given the purchase has NOT been fulfilled, this is also something PP frown upon. I was notified in my PP account yesterday monies would only be taken once item was shipped, shipping is supposed to commence 20th Oct, why has my money been taken for something I never even ordered?

Sorry to put a downer on the chat guys but I am really peed off here, hopefully others will follow suite and this company cannot treat us like sheep, expecting us to abide by their " The nature of pre-order sales prohibits order modifications and cancellations. All pre-order sales are final. " bs. PP confirmed irrespective of their wording, I would indeed get a full refund

Hope this helps others, bit of a bummer, but still looking forwards to the film/OST

Nice post, Snake. BTW, hello :wave:

4 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Meanwhile, those who managed to get the 2-disc edition are absolutely thrilled by the situation and ready to sell their copy for $10,000 on eBay.

So true!

Does anyone know how long Hans Zimmer had to write this score?

Also, in other silly news, today Children's BBC show Newsround had a piece on the upcoming Blue Planet II (anyone seen the trailer with Thom Yorke's vocals mixed into his score?). The kid-oriented presenter said "who best to provide the music", they showed a snippet of interview with Hans in which he rolled off his impressive credentials: "I've scored Kung-Fu Panda, Madagascar and The Lion King!"

15 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

I’ve already been charged for the CDs so I’ll see how it shakes down. I didn’t report back here but I did contact someone and she seemed confused as well. But she said that there is only a 2CD version and that the difference in product codes are just to differentiate between the CD and then the CD + digital download. The site is a mess though so who knows. The prices are the same for both so why even have two options? Also the product pages state different things and it doesn’t help that a stock photo of a single disc release is used for both. I don’t know. 

11 hours ago, Miz said:

Does anyone know how long Hans Zimmer had to write this score?

Also, in other silly news, today Children's BBC show Newsround had a piece on the upcoming Blue Planet II (anyone seen the trailer with Thom Yorke's vocals mixed into his score?). The kid-oriented presenter said "who best to provide the music", they showed a snippet of interview with Hans in which he rolled off his impressive credentials: "I've scored Kung-Fu Panda, Madagascar and The Lion King!"

Based on insider information and interviews, he spent everyday for 2 weeks during his break on tour writing the score until 2 am each night. He also probably did some writing in August when he got back from tour. 

18 hours ago, Richard said:

Nice post, Snake. BTW, hello :wave:

Thx, didn't want to hijack the whole thread by having woes, thought it might need some attention though

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I’ve already been charged for the CDs so I’ll see how it shakes down. I didn’t report back here but I did contact someone and she seemed confused as well. But she said that there is only a 2CD version and that the difference in product codes are just to differentiate between the CD and then the CD + digital download. The site is a mess though so who knows. The prices are the same for both so why even have two options? Also the product pages state different things and it doesn’t help that a stock photo of a single disc release is used for both. I don’t know. 

What is amazing is they have not contacted me as of yet, given PayPal has asked them to respond, I do not want a single disk version

I don't get the SKU codes as they do differ from online to merchant processing, which is really a PITA

I have been charged, everything the merchant said they would do, they have not

PP did stipulate they should not be taking monies until item has been shipped, so reality is 18 days early

I hope to god I am wrong about this and have egg on my face, but rather than risk getting shipped a single disk version and have a long drawn out process of having to return then opening a PP dispute, I think I have my bases covered until I get an official reply from the sellers

In this day and age of e-commerce, sites like this should NOT exist. There should be some ability to cross check the seller, which is being umbrelled under an e site

Let's see how it pans out..

I won't fuss over getting this one. I don't want any consumer to be screwed over, but I also don't relate to the need to own this. I predict a derivative, hurried Zimmer-salad of a  score, and caution downloading and sampling before buying.

I just viewed the website and says SOLD OUT but no ability to view the Y4CDBR01 version

I am worried that it could be a fault of theirs that leads us to believe there is indeed 2 version when there is only 1

I have 9 days to wait for a response, I do want this so will be patient

18 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Did Zimmer write it solely, or did he employ the Magnificent Six or the Bleeding Fingers or the help of Lorne Balfe and the usual suspects?

Well, we know at least Wallfisch participated to it.

Ah yes, I forgot about Wallfisch, I figured as he had such a short amount of time he would need his team to help fill out the score.

A second edition of Blade Runner 2049 now up for preorder. Same content, different art. Also limited to 2,049 copies

https://bladerunner2049.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y4BR02COMBO/2nd-edition-blade-runner-2049-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-2cd-set-download

14 hours ago, Mephariel said:

Based on insider information and interviews, he spent everyday for 2 weeks during his break on tour writing the score until 2 am each night. He also probably did some writing in August when he got back from tour. 

1. ”2049” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
2. “Sapper’s Tree” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
3. “Flight to LAPD” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
4. “Summer Wind” – Frank Sinatra
5. “Rain” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
6. “Wallace” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
7. ”Memory” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
8. “Mesa” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
9. ”Orphanage” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
10. “Furnace” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
11. “Someone Lived This” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
12. ”Joi” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
13. “Pilot” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
14. ”Suspicious Minds” – Elvis Presley
15. “Can’t Help Falling In Love” – Elvis Presley
16. “One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)” - Frank Sinatra
17. ”Hijack” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
18. “That’s Why We Believe” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
19. “Here Eyes Were Green” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
20. “Sea Wall” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
21. “All The Best Memories Are Hers” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
22. “Tears In The Rain” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
23. “Blade Runner” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
24. “Almost Human” - Lauren Daigle

Zimmer said in the Q&A that they were brought on board when Villeneuve just finished the first assembly cut, and the four of them (DV, editor Joe Walker,HZ and BW) watched it together all for the first time.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I wish I could think of the word for why I find Zimmer unbearable in interviews.

It would be a word that also describes my impatience listening to an Angeleno talk about the spirituality of yoga and clean eating.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

A second edition of Blade Runner 2049 now up for preorder. Same content, different art. Also limited to 2,049 copies

https://bladerunner2049.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y4BR02COMBO/2nd-edition-blade-runner-2049-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-2cd-set-download

Hey guys, we have this extraordinary offer available, ONLY 2049 COPIES WORLD WIDE!!!!! wait we also have a 2nd edition with you guessed it, 2049 copies available world wide, rinse repeat, HEY GUYS, we have 2017th edition of only 2049 copies world wide available, time passes, HEY GUYS WE HAVE 2049th EDITION..... ONLY.... 2049 COPIES.... AVAILABLE..........

On 10/2/2017 at 10:12 PM, BloodBoal said:

Meanwhile, those who managed to get the 2-disc edition are absolutely thrilled by the situation and ready to sell their copy for $10,000 on eBay.

I don't think anyone will care now, when you release an only 2049 copies worldwide, it should just be that, 2nd edition will devalue the 1st imo

Sure it's a 2nd run, but there is now no real exclusivity of the 1st other than a couple of numbers on the cover

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It would be a word that also describes my impatience listening to an Angeleno talk about the spirituality of yoga and clean eating.

Hey what's wrong with eating well and staying limber?

1 minute ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Hey what's wrong with eating well and staying limber?

Oh nothing!  Just like there's nothing wrong with Zimmer especially.  It's just a mistrustful reaction I have to.... wishy washiness?  Mercuriality?  I dunno what the word is.

Definitely not mercurial.  Hippy dippy?

It's clearly something to do with my middle-class protestant upbringing that I'm much more open to listening to Williams talk about how composition is hard, pragmatic work that you have to keep at every day.  I get mistrustful of Zimmer's whimsical exercises.  I have the same reaction to Eno, whose music I adore so it's not a judgment on Zimmer at all.

Yea...

25 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Zimmer said in the Q&A that they were brought on board when Villeneuve just finished the first assembly cut, and the four of them (DV, editor Joe Walker,HZ and BW) watched it together all for the first time.

Hmmm.  I think there's only 2-CD sets available.  Where are people getting the idea that there's a 1-CD edition?

I think the freakouts might be premature?

AFAIK The only way to get the score at all is digitally, UNLESS you buy the limited edition CD version from this special website.

There's no CD up for pre-order on Amazon, Screen Archives, or MovieMusic at all.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh geez why did they have to shove Sinatra and Elvis songs in the middle of the score program

gotta keep up the 'screw Bladerunner OST' quota

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Being new here, why does everyone agree with you? Are you Tyrell, Did you implant memories so we had a cushion to be able to act more human than human?

Mamories, you're talking about mamories

4 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Hmmm.  I think there's only 2-CD sets available.  Where are people getting the idea that there's a 1-CD edition?

I think the freakouts might be premature?

Maybe, but it's been two days since I left 2 emails with the store in q, no response which makes me wonder why can't they just explain the situation on their website for full clarification?