Sign in to follow this  
Stefancos

Should JWfan be a bit better behaved?

Should JWfan be a bit better behaved?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should JWfan be a bit better behaved?

• Yes, its been kinda rough here lately.
    • No, people should just grow a spine
    • Other. (specify)

Jason said he'd gonna try and make the MB a bit more polite. Do you agree with him? Or are things fine the way they are?

Things have been rather negative and shouty lately. Not quite social media levels of hate  and bile, but still. And have to admit that my own behavior isn't what it could have been. Or should be.

I welcome Jason's initiative to encourage people to be a bit more positive. I hope he succeeds and I'll restrain my usually verbose style a bit.

#KeepJWfanCivil

48 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

DIa85ZIUMAAHhfT.jpg

The only thing I think has really crossed some weird line is Wojo's very recent souring.  That's just strange and seems genuinely vicious. 

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, he's a temperamental guy. He'll snap out of it again soon. 

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

It's cute that you think you'll succeed.

I'll admit it will be a challenge. But i'm 40 now. We're supposed to be a bit more grown up at this age, right?

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

I'll admit it will be a challenge. But i'm 40 now. We're supposed to be a bit more grown up at this age, right?

Not anymore. 40 is the new 20.

I agree with Stefanos, and believe I have a solution to our predicament.

Jay, JWFan should institute a periodic, online version of "The Purge".  For twenty four hours, there should be a thread in which members can criticise, settle old grudges, and otherwise speak freely about other members without fear of repercussion from mods.  Everyone who participates in THE PURGE THREAD©™ agrees to get it out of their system then and there, and not take their petty feuds into other, more civilised, parts of the forum.

As Clemenza would say, this would help "get rid of all the bad blood."

As I said in the Dark Place, I'm just trying to be a bit more mindful of what I post and how much.  The forum software is so user-friendly and fast, I and others let it get a little too much like brain diarrhea.  It never hurts to think before typing.

Anyway, somebody please have fun with the phrase "brain diarrhea."

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Anyway, somebody please have fun with the phrase "brain diarrhea."

Can I use that to describe the concentration and other mental BS associated with MS? 

JWFan has been fine for the most part, but everyone has been more catty than usual lately. Some of the comments made about Steef was when I first felt uncomfortable with how personal and vicious they were. 

Otherwise, I don't think JWFan should necessarily restrain its usual banter, which is an essential component to its personality. But we could be more mindful of how our posts affect each other.

O JWfan! Our home and native board!
True Williams love in all thy members command.
With glowing hearts we see thee forum updates
The True MB strong and free!
From far and wide, O JWfan,
We stand on guard for thee.
The Moderating team keep our forum glorious and free!
O JWfan, we stand on guard for thee.

I must say, when I first joined this forum earlier this year, I was quite taken aback by the gruff and rather sarcastic tone of certain members here. Ironically, much of the hostility I originally received was directed from the OP of this thread, Stefancos. However, I do believe that once you manage to get past the rough and occasionally condescending exterior of many of the members who frequent this site, you will discover an intellectual and welcoming group of individuals who are the heart of JWfan.

1 hour ago, KK said:

I don't think JWFan should necessarily restrain its usual banter, which is an essential component to its personality. But we could be more mindful of how our posts affect each other.

Exactly!

57 minutes ago, Stefancos said:
O JWfan! Our home and native board!
True Williams love in all thy members command.
With glowing hearts we see thee forum updates
The True MB strong and free!
From far and wide, O JWfan,
We stand on guard for thee.
The Moderating team keep our forum glorious and free!

Yes!!