Sign in to follow this  
Stefancos

Should JWfan be a bit better behaved?

Should JWfan be a bit better behaved?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should JWfan be a bit better behaved?

• Yes, its been kinda rough here lately.
    • No, people should just grow a spine
    • Other. (specify)

Just now, Stefancos said:

Woj and I don't get along for some reason, and I can never figure out why. He's fantastically funny quite often.

I have no idea why he doesn't like me either and yea, he can be really funny!

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do , I saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

26 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

I'd like everyone to be nicer if it'll cut down on the after school special preaching that some members do in response.

Heh heh, you think you’re The Fonz of JWFan!

”I’m too cool for school, Teach.  Check ya later.  Ayyyy.”

And like Fonzarelli, I know there’s the heart of a softie in there!

I don't think this place is so bad. I actually think it's one of the nicer places on the internet (at least in terms of talking about genre stuff).  Most people here are pretty knowledgable and friendly.

Yeah, it can be a little rough at times, but if it was too nice I wouldn't trust it. But since it's rough in a way that's more or less in line with my sense of humour anyway, not much I see bothers me (though there are definitely one or two putzes).

It is absolutely imperative that we work with the John Williams Department of Message Boards to establish a set of rules for the preservation and isolation of this forum. These creatures require our absence to survive, not our help. And if we could only step aside and trust in nature...life will find a way.

I think about the worst I did in this forum in the last days... and... it's hiding a dildo in one of my picture.

And nobody even noticed it!

I'm just going to be thankful that we don't have over-aggressive moderators like on some forums. On the Jedi Council Forums (which I do like), I've seen some really smart and eloquent posters get warnings, and, in one case I believe, a ban. And it seems that every time someone says something remotely off-topic, the mod gives them a warning. No joke. 

I think it would do everyone well to make the effort to be nice, but I think the situation is probably fine right now. You get used to it. Plus, many posters are already very well behaved most of the time. 

1 hour ago, Will said:

I'm just going to be thankful that we don't have over-aggressive moderators like on some forums. On the Jedi Council Forums (which I do like), I've seen some really smart and eloquent posters get warnings, and, in one case I believe, a ban. And it seems that every time someone says something remotely off-topic, the mod gives them a warning. No joke. 

I used to post there about 17 years ago, and I was wondering if they're still as rigid, zealous and puritanical as they've ever been.

It's funny, after poking around other various film score forums and sites recently, most notably www.filmscoremonthly.com, it appears as though JWfan has a rather notorious reputation for its contentious and sarcastic atmosphere.

jwfan i.PNG

jwfan iii.PNG

jwfan iv.PNG

jwfan.PNG

jwfan ii.PNG

jwfan v.PNG

I had a good laugh after reading some of the other forums' members' responses to the overall tone of JWfan. That being said, I still love this place, and am very glad I joined.

7 minutes ago, Hawmy said:

Did you read the thread(s) on Stefan?

Yes, I did. Very entertaining thread. He likened these forums to

like a nice small pub where everyone kinda knows each other, rather than a huge grand cafe near an international airport where people just pop in because it's convenient.

A very accurate description of this place, I must say.

Maybe I have led a shielded Jwfan life but to me this is not even remotely a nasty place.

I have seen much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much worse, pardon the hyperbole.

On balance I would say people here are usually pretty nice. Most conversations are more or less on topic. Posters more or less comment on each other's posts rather than each other. 

Seems fine to me as is.

Film Score Monthly criticizing those who are concerned for John Williams' heath is...a little hypocritical, wouldn't you say? Considering all the times they seemed to be stalking the late Jerry Goldsmith and his family. Maybe it's the JWFan in me, we just have a bad history with freaks dressed like clowns.