Anticipating a new JW score

Tom

On 10/12/2017 at 5:29 PM, JohnSolo said:

The real question here is: how does one anticipate a new Giacchino score?

With great anticipation and a child like giddiness. 

On 10/12/2017 at 5:40 PM, Tom said:

Just a random observation about my own psychology: I usually do not "enjoy" waiting for a new JW score or piece.  I just want to hear it like a spoiled brat, which is the case particularly for TLJ.  Due to TLJ, The Papers (or whatever it is now called) is just not something I am focusing on.  If TLJ were not coming out this December, I would be pinning to hear The Papers.  So, I am taking this as a good thing.  I will still enjoy both, but at least I don't have to suffer the wait for two scores (just TLJ).

I guess I am wondering if anyone else's experience is similar to mine.  Weirdly, I may end up enjoying The Papers much more in the long term.  It could provide Williams with a variety of unexpected and/or original opportunities for scoring.  

I love knowing that there is a completely new John Williams Star Wars score in the can that I haven’t heard yet. I love the anticipation. I get to hear it for the first time when I see the movie and I get to “hear it again for the first time” when I get the CD.

We are so lucky that JW is still making music in his 80s.  Each and every score he puts out could be his last. There will come a day when we no longer have new JW scores to anticipate. So, I quite enjoy and appreciate this feeling of anticipation while I still can.